View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2013
5LITER_MUENSTER
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I know there are (or at least used to be) a number of people porting LS throttle bodies with pretty decent success at a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket units.
They still do but now you have companies such as vmax that's only charging which I believe it was $250 when I had my 11 camaro for cnc porting that provide night and day difference. I'm sure this can be done with our coyote stock tb also. I guess a company such as vmax or another well known porter has to take some interest in this, or maybe an enthusiast like ourselves with some knowledge on this type of stuff with good porting skills can try it as a free time project? our stock tb is already 80mm so removing another 3-5mm or even more should be doable. I posted a pic of LS3 stock vs vmax CNC ported tb. Nothing has been altered other than the internal before the blade, but again, vmax is one heck of a porter.

Stock

Sent from Universe X3 using my Thumb

Ported

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome