Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MAC Cold Air problems
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2
I don't think it is a loose hose, but thanks for that thought. I did leave the MAF screen out and now am having second thoughts since the whistle is so annoying - will try anything. I also have been making quarter twists on the air sensor in hopes repositioning it will solve the problem if it is air whistling through the shield around it. I thought I disconnected the battery, after installing, but in any event I had to get a new battery last week so I will be checking mileage in the next day or two to see if it still is bad.
The MAF should be completely level. This CAN affect your gas mileage . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome