Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2005 Thread Starter
SRQ05GT
S197 Member

Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler

OK.here we go. I recieved my chin spoiler on Fri and did the install on Sunday. A few things first. 1. Thank you Banana-Baby.
2. The chin spoiner is fiberglass. The quality is first rate. The black gel coat or paint (not sure which ) is very good. I like the thickness. The only thing i think could be better is the lack of paint or finish on the very bottom. (only dead road kill and I care about this).
3. The look is just what i was after. I wanted to fill the empty hole that ford left in the front. The install was basic. I did it during half time (Bucs vs. Buffilo). This is what i used.

I jacked up the front and used jackstands.
I used two clamps to hold the chin spoier in place. One at each end. I used a large welding clamp in the middle to pull the middle up tight. Adjusted to where i wanted it and started drilling. I used a
quarter inch bit. Then used the bolts that were shipped with the spoiler and attached. Not sure if they were stainless but i will repace this week with stainless. This brings me to one of my only complaints. No directions were included with the chin spoiler. Not a big deal anyone could install this thing, but.... I had a 5 inch piece of steel which i am not sure wihat it is for. Ok its installed and i really like the way it looks.

Well now for my opinion. I really like the product. Quality is first rate. Fit is good. Finish is great. I think Team Shinoda builds a good product. I think that they need some improvement in there customer relations and support. Jim hire some help!!! Directions are a must. Now lets take it for a drive and see how much it hits.......

2005 GT Primium
Black on Black
Auto
Rear 285-35ZR19 / 19x9.5
Front 245-40ZR19 / 19x8
Ipod
Roush Spoiler
BMR Strut Brace/UPR strut tower bolt covers
Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jacked.jpg