Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2005 Thread Starter
SRQ05GT
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsd42
The 5" strip of metal goes in the center of the spoiler for a solid mounting point. There are two screws/bolts on the car that it secures it to the underside of the lower center part of the front bumper/front facia. It is designed to fit between the cente of the chin spoiler and the front bumper/facia. You are supposed to drill through the chin spolier, the bracket and the front facia and use the supplied bolt, washers and nut. Then use the other six (3 each side) to secure it to the lower front bumper/facia. Hope this makes sense... Yeah...no instructions, but several guys here have put them on their 05' GTs (I have one but not installed yet) and this seems to be the way to install it. Colorado Stang installed his a few weeks ago, and we talked about the install. See his write up on the install.

Good luck!

Bill
I just went out into the garage and your right. I took out the two tin screws and put the metel bar in behind the facia. This hids the metal bar and the look is great. I used two quarter inch bolts and lock nuts. I had to drill a hole in the center for the bolt through the middle of the chin spoiler which pulls the whole thing up. Thanks for the help. Anyone adding this mod to ther car should consider changing out the nuts and bolt supplied by Team Shinoda to stainless.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome