Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - air silencer...
Thread: air silencer...
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeOfDoom
is the air silencer worth removing? i've still got a stock filter, was just digging around for the hell of it today and my filter looks dirty as hell, so i was gonna replace it anyways. so when i replace the filter soon should i take out the silencer? btw, anybody have a pic of a filter that should be replaced? i haven't done it before cuz i've only had my car since april, so what looks dirty to me might not be, rather not buy a new filter less i have to.

car info in sig.
if you hold it to the sun, and it's dark, it needs to be replaced, or 6,000 miles whichever's 1st.

leave the silencer in, it's worth 5 hp on hot days since it keeps fan wash out, and helps warmup on cold days.

On 60-65 degree days, you might lose some hp . . . but just switching to a K&N will free up 5-7 hp (the same as most metal CAI's.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome