Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - which upgrade?
Thread: which upgrade?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur_Stang
Ok, so what are the benefits of lets say the reccomended 4.10 gears over the stock. Would 65 mph be hard on the engine? Im not sure what kind of acceleration change we are talking about. Also if i get gears is my transmission more likely to fail? Dont want to have my car in the shop, plan on driving my car fairly soft but when the time occurs i wanna be able to get my car movin (alot faster than it is now).Does my local ford dealer install gears if i bring them to them with a t-loc? Thanks guys
AT 65 you're gonna hear a lot of gear whine. If you drive mainly in the city, your tranny will last longer, because it doesn't have to strain as much to get you moving, but, yeah, you'll get a lot of heat & wear at highway speeds.

Do you have an automatic, or a stick?

3.55 & 3.73s are better for mixed driving.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome