Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2001 V6 Engine runs but only at idle speed.
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Holmes
Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the wires crossfiring, are you referring to a problem inside the distributor? What could cause this and what do you suggest I do to know if this is what is causing the problem? Also, what could I do to correct it? Thanks for your help.
there no distributor, you've got a coilpack, look at the wires, and see if any of em are cracked or worn. if the spark jumps, when you go faster than idle, it can fire the wrong plug, etc. After 4 years, the wires might just be old. If you start the engine at night with no light, you'll see the sparks jumping.

you might also check for a vacuum leak aft of the MAF, make sure all teh hoses are tight & sealed.

you're going to have to take off the MAF to clean it . . .

With so few miles, those are the only things I can think of, but you might pick up a Chiltons or a Haynes manual and run through the troubleshooting section.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome