Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - loud ticking noise too
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisstang
today i worked on the car cuz the ticking noise is driving me crazy.now i dont think the noise is coming from under the car.it may be from the rear of the motor up by the intake and echoing down under.there is also a slight hissing sound.car seems to run good but the idle is a little erratic.could this be an intake gasket?or something else.i would like to try to find the problem myself so i dont have to pay someone.any help will be appreciated.
Does the hissing sound come when the Air or Defrost is on?

Re, idle -It's usually a dirty MAF, just clean the inside of the part right behind the Air Filter with computer contact solution -Don't touch the post or wires, just spray them!!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome