Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - SO Confused on Subwoofers and Amp Compatibility
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2013 Thread Starter
Tyneddelt
Apprentice

ive been looking at this box for awhile now since its mustang specific Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box . so after your post, im looking at the amp you gave the link to, the 2 kicker 12" subs, the box i listed above, and then some other things like wiring kits and "RCAs" which im assuming is a cable(s), i googled it. now, for wiring down the subs to 1 ohm i understand how to (i attached a picture of the wiring diagram so correct me if its the wrong thing.) im shopping around for amps and im guessing since the combined watts for the subs is 800 a good mono amp for these subs would give around 900-1000 watts? also is a capacitor a necessity? i am a total rookie and i have no experience wiring at all so bear with me, thanks for the help you guys have already gave me.

Tyson - 910
2005 Ford Mustang GT - Whipple Supercharged - Hurst Short Throw Shifter and 3.73 Gears - Muffler Delete - GT500 Rear Bumper - Custom Tuned by Fastlane - Black Painted Lights and Emblems - 6000K HID Fog and Head Lights - SHR Window Louvers - LED Sequential Tail Lights - Kenwood DDX419 - Gloss Black Painted Stripes - The list goes on..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome