Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shaker 500 Amp & Sub Install, 2005 Mustang
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2005 Thread Starter
Black05Pony
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Shaker 500 Amp & Sub Install, 2005 Mustang

Hello, I have a black '05 mustang (as if you couldn't tell by my name) with a Shaker 500 audio system in it. I've spent the last hour reading through 5 pages worth of forum topics and found a few things that helped but nothing that was very discriptive. Here's my question...

I have the Shaker 500. I want to install a 300 watt amp, and a 12" Alpine subwoofer in the trunk. I want to keep the speakers and 8" subs that are in the doors, as well as the speakers in the rear panel under the window. Can I install the amp and sub in the trunk with the Shaker 500 and if so, where do I wire the RCA's and remote lead on the Shaker 500? I have a wiring diagram of the Shaker 500 that was posted by someone previously, but it doesn't seem to have a pin labeled for the remote lead (but I see two pins in the diagram, one labeled SWC+ and one labeled SWC- which i'm assuming are the RCA's).

As I dont know too much beyond the basic installation of a single amp and sub, I'm probably wrong on the SWC assumption. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome