Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 base stereo HAS to go! Where to start?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2013
dmazakas
Rookie
5.0L Member

Stock 2013 mustang stereo -shaker 500 and more upgrade

I just did an upgrade to the 2013 base system upgrading to a Ford Shaker 500 head unit so I had Satellite and changer. I also replaced all the door and rear deck speakers. Finished it off with a 12" MTX Thunder form and Kenwwod 500W Class D sub amp. The system sounds awsome and costs under 1K total. Things needed:

Shaker 500 radio-$200.00 or less-ebay You only need the main radio, not the screen or console with the controls.
Satellite atenna- ford facory-$28.00-ebay
Sattellite antenna cable-$38.00-ebay or Sattellite dealer
4 5x8 speakers-your choice-$200.00-300 depending on brand-Amazon/Crutchfield I used Kenwoods 3-way $78.00 a pair
1 Kenwood class d mono amp 300W RMS with auto turn on and hi level inputs-$150.00 Amazon
MTX Thunderform non-amplified with 12" woofer loaded-$350.00 Crutchfield
1 8 gauge amp Kit-$35.00-Amazon/Ebay

This is a 7 hour job, but is fairly easy.

This will give you USB, Satellite and BluTooth and a thumping clear system without a dash kit and factory looks. The hardest part of the whole install was cutting a hole in the trunk for the Satellite antenna. You could buy the magnet type and save money, but it looks cheap to me and I like the Satellite bump and factory atenna look in the center of the Trunk.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome