Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - CRACKED MANIFOLD! please help! 2002 V6
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorralGal
I too have experienced exactly what you have, just on Sunday evening, and I can't help but wonder, why is this not a mandatory recall. At the time I was returning home, on the interstate, my car began to sputter, lose power intervally, then all of a sudden the check engine light came on. The more I tried to gain power by accelerating the more the car seemed to struggle to get up the miles. Mind you, I too had heard that ticking sound, maybe a week ago, for the first time. Once the car is idled, maybe for 30 seconds, the noise stops. My check engine light did not stay on, and I was able to drive on home safely, as if nothing happened, but my boyfriend seems to think it was a case of bad (water in it) gasoline. My car now has 80,000 miles on it, with the bulk coming from interstate driving. I guess I will be going back to the dealership on Monday, seeing as this is my first issue with this car.
What year is your car?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome