Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - CRACKED MANIFOLD! please help! 2002 V6
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickofsteele
I was told todaythat my 2002 Mustang V6 has a cracked manifold. It was making a rhythmic ticking sound for awhile (almost like the sound of a pressure cooker) when it first started up, then the sound would go away as the car warmed up. Last night it did this sound, then started driving horribly, with violent shaking of the motor and car, and poor acceleration. If reved up enough it would stop, but back at idle it would continue to shake. The check engine light came on, blinked, then stayed on. The mechanic today said it was an issue with the plugs and wires ($300) and also a cracked manifold ($300-$400). He said that he is speaking with the Ford dealers nearby and they might fix it due to warranty (I guess he's referring to the recall because the manufacturer's warranty expired, the car is now at 44,000 miles). But it is not for sure.

Can anyone give me any info on this recall? I've gone to the link on alldata.com, but can't seem to find specific information. ANY help would be appreciated. I am a new Mustang owner and don't want this situation to turn me off from buying Fords.

Thank you!

Nick
[email protected]

the manifold had nothing to do with the shaking of the car, and a 44,000 miles I doubt the plugs and wires had anything to do with it either.

I'd guess a dirty MAF, just spray it with computer contact cleaner.

The exhaust manifold is a voluntary recall. If you complain about it, they'll generally replace it . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome