Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Help for a stuck shifter buttom?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budd
I do know the fuses are good........as far as the ignition switch goes, you can take the key out when the car is running but that has been like that since I bought the car 4 yrs ago. I'm leaning towards some type of solenoid inline between the brakes and shifter. Some type of safety catch or something. You can tell the button is locked by the way it feels when you try to press it, and there is no jigglin' or pulling or pushing that is going to move it. The connection is broked somewhere. The car sets low with ground effects and I don't have the equipment at home to get it off the ground enough to check underneath.
The lockout, I believe is up top, take out the bezel, and you should be able to access it.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome