Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My Exhaust Sucks
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98V65speed
Ok so I bought some exhaust thinking it would make my car sound like a V8 (It was the Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back System) But once I fired it up and reved it I was pretty Dissapointed with the sound. Some one suggested to me that I get some X-pipe or H-Pipe........But they only bolt up to dual exhaust setups (meaning instead of having two pipes to connect to mine only has one)...........so my question was is there any way i can get X-pipe or H-pipe or any mid-pipe for that matter to make my car sound better with the cat-back system i have on it now? I was also thinking there might be an adapter but then i am not sure if i can get both headers and mid-pipe (might as well get my exhaust finished right away) Any suggestions??

Thanks Mike

P.S. If you don't know what I am talking about when I say my exhaust doesn't have 2 seperate pipes to connect to just look at this site and u should see what I am talking about.

http://borla.com/applications/lookup..._System/14878/

All they have to do is cut the y-pipe and install the h-x-pipe.

Don't forget it takes some time for the muffler to break in. Lot's of people complain teh 1st week or so, and a week later come back and say, "It just broke in, it sounds great."

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome