Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 Shelby 1000 revealed with 1,200 horsepower!

3K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Fat Boss 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The post-title package starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500

Well for that much money if I had a GT500 I could duplicate those HP numbers for a lot less money, but I bet 1,200HP would be a lot of fun

#4 ·
Sure ,I would like one. But how do you hook up 1200 hp. Especially at a stop light lol. Should I sell my house, and order one ?

#5 ·
...the Shelby can outperform exotics costing three-to-four times more.
-Press Release
Without some Ring times, LS times, or some lap times from VIR it's all hot air. It's a clear example of a point beyond which the application of additional resources yields less than proportional increases in performance... AKA: Diminishing marginal returns.

The car is a Beast to be sure... but not a $200k BEAST.

#7 ·
Heres the thing though some really rich guy/gal in Germany, France, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Lebanon... is more than willing to pay for one. In these areas mustangs are supper exclusive much more so than a Lambo, or a Ferrari. Let alone a 1200HP mustang that you know no corners were cut in building it.

Not for me even if I had the money (I want a GT40 sooo bad) but MANY around the world would drop the dough.

#14 ·
Agree that it's a total waste. Reason that the Nissan with 600 hp or whatever hooks so well is 4 wheel traction. Anything over 500 is silly with street tires on your average street surface. There's a reason that so many vipers are totalled in single car accidents. Too much torque for even the massive stock 345 rears. Forced induction packages for vipers have been out there for years, from superchargers to twin turbos. It's easy to get 1200-1500 rear wheel from 500+ cubic inches. No point in that either, other than showing it off at a car show.

Folk that want a supercar and can pay the supercar price are looking for exclusivity not the hp number. Even with 1200hp, it's a mustang and unless you're a mustang expert, from 200 yards looks similar to many others.

#18 ·
there's no point in a Shleby with 1200 HP imo. The stock shelby already can't make the best of the 660 it's got, the chassis and the rest of the car are great for a Coyote or RoadRunner but they ain't right for that level of power. I bet you a 450HP GT3 would mop the floor with the 1200HP shelby on a track.

#19 ·
150k?? For the upgrade? How on earth could they possibly do enough to justify that figure? Even if you spent 100k on the engine alone all that's left is basically a brake kit and the suspension...

No thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#20 ·
It's cool for bragging rights, but not much use if it can't be corralled (pun absolutely intended:D).

I wouldn't mind having an entry level GT500 myself, 05-08 to be exact. Besides, I'm sure you could get 1000+ RWHP plus all the necessary brake/suspension work for far less than 155k if you were inclined to do so.

#23 ·
You guys are missing the point. These cars are being sold to Shelby die hards that have a ton of money. I saw 3 of them last weekend, 2 were customer cars and the third was Shelby's. One owner I had previously met last year and he and his wife were very cool, very normal folks with apparently an abnormal amount of money and a passion for Shelby's. The other owner I did not speak to. A third that I did speak to has one but did not have it at the Shelby Bash there in Vegas. I did hear they sold all fifty last year.

The cars are NOT made to be on the track, as the brakes get toasted in a hurry and you just can't put all that power down under 150 MPH. They are statement cars and on the open roads of the desert southwest would be unreal. When one rolled into the parking garage there was absolutely no mistaking what car it was, well before you saw it.

#24 ·
Over 200K for a Mustang? :rollgrin:

#26 ·
The bottom line is for those with lots of money. And I mean wealthy, Ford and Shelby know that this will be a toy,that some of them might want to add, to their stable. Even though they might not necessarily drive it much.
Hell, if I were Jay Leno healed, I'd want one.

#27 ·
Very true. Of the three guys who were at the Bash that have a 1000, one has an underground garage for 40 cars (rumor was 38 Shelbys) and another just sold an oil field services company. :worship

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.