Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Stock 04: Want supercharger and want warrenty intact... need advise please
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2005 Thread Starter
OC Noob

Stock 04: Want supercharger and want warrenty intact... need advise please

I just bought an 04 40th ann. because it was in my price range and was convertable. Now that I've been driving it, to my suprise, I really like it and want to tweak it for more power. There is one problem though. I bought an additional bumper to bumper 8 year 100k warrenty and it is more important to me than the extra power from tweaks.

Hence, I want to do a few simple mods that will not affect the warrenty. After the holidays I'm going to call the warrenty place because there were additional fees for super/turbo chargers and I want to ask them if the work is done by an approved shop if I can add it under the warrenty (its not through Ford). I also want to do an exhaust mod and anything else that would be simple and possibly approved by the warrenty copany.

I need some expert advise. What should I have done by a shop that will give me the most benifit with the supercharger and does anyone know how these addon warrenties work? i.e. if its typically possible to get after-market stuff approved?

Thanks in advanced for the advise.

ps I need something that doesn't require much tweaking/maintenance as I am new to this and have no time to play for the next 12 months because of school. Oh yeah, this car will be with me for a few years until I can upgrade to a Cobra or better.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome