Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Trac-Loc which is better?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekstang
Hi guys, I have mostly a stock 2004 3.9L with flowmaster duals and just a K&N filter on my stock pipe.
I want to bump up the hp over 193, I'm ready for the motoblue 42% UDP's but I also want Trac-Loc's.
I'm not sure if I want to do the gear change to 3.7s but I know I want posse rear.
I've been all over the threads, and I dont know whats better ford or the detroit lockers? and whats the price differrence, also which ones? theres seems to be so many?
Any good direction please?

Oh also for handeling any good package deals for sway bars strut towers etc...?
posi-trac is GM's name, Trac-Lok is Ford's.

Both use clutches which wear out.

Detroit Lockers don't, and rarely, if ever wear out. With $250+ just to install, you don't want to replace the clutches very often, so the DL is the better deal.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome