04 GT: Looking to the future - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Screaming04Gt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Red face 04 GT: Looking to the future

Hello fellow Stang lovers! I am looking for some honest opinions (don't skimp on facts!) about where to go with my Stang. She has a full 40th anniversary premium package. Now, to put into perspective the car and who I am as a driver here is some general information about my car and myself.

About the car: The previous owner and myself have done some work on her and kept her well cared for. She has a full SLP classic muscle car exhaust package with long-tube headers, H-block and Loudmouth 1's. Aftermarket cold air intake and throttle body. Intake manifold however is still stock. I've done suspension upgrades so the ride is like butter. You can feel the vibrations of the engine but not the bumps of the road. Very fun drive. Stage 2 racing clutch that catches rather tough. Have to have the rpm around 1500 before you start to ease the clutch into place if you don't want to bounce around. Generally speaking a blip of the gas and then letting off the clutch slowly with a steady increase of gas is the best way to ensure a smooth catch without the intention of flying off the stoplight. Course, when I get my itch'n to let-her-rip she has plenty of pep when catching with the gas to the floor. Aftermarket semi-short shifter. Didn't go with a full short because I like the more classic muscle car feel of shifting. Most aspects of the car are stock aside from the mentioned. Gears are still factory 3.27 and she runs 252 hp / 285 torque at the wheels. 100k miles on her but you wouldn't know with how she sounds and condition of the body/frame/interior. She isn't a daily driver but I do drive her simply to drive.

About myself: I spent most of my time with my father. Lead me to spending many afternoons at classic car and muscle car shows. My favorites were and still are the Stangs. The 67 Shelby GT-500 and the 69 Mach 1 Boss were the ones that made me giggity. A Muscle car to me (as in, my opinion, not fact and by no means an insult to what other people think) is a V8 that is manual, sounds growly, and has a slim, slender, and aggressive look. Being behind the wheel of one is only enjoyable if those conditions are met. When the 03 body was released I melted into desire and began to save up for what later became the 04 40th anniversary GT. I bought her out-right 8 years later from a dealer. My idea of a great afternoon is getting off work, starting her up, putting the top down and driving for 1-2 hours. If it is nice enough out I slip into a bikini and get a tan while I drive cause why not? Anywhere from 30-70 mph. Top-speed isn't really my drug of choice. I do like the feel of increasing speed (acceleration / pep) but going fast doesn't give me much. It has more to do with the overall sound and experience of a muscle car's personality and style. The compliments I get when people roll up next to me and comment on how well I've taken care of her and how she sounds. Where I live most of the speed limits are 50-70. 40 in towns and a few back-roads at 35. Lots of stop lights despite the speed limits.

Due to how I have to engage my clutch and the exhaust I have a lot of people when I'm out driving think I want to race them. Now, in all honesty I am a fairly good driver. Takes a hell of an automatic and or fellow manual driver to shift through the gears and maintain control of the car as well as I do. I've only ever driven manual cars and done some light drag racing when I spent time with my dad. So I'm not an idiot who floors it while taking a turn with a RWD solid-rear axle car (Mustang week how you make us look so bad). Nor am I someone who doesn't respect the power behind the wheel. Most people I do encounter while I'm out driving I pay no mind if they attempt to road race with me. The most I will do is see who gets to the speed-limit faster (assuming it is just us out on a 3 lane highway). Yes, I'm a grandma driver who goes the speed limit but if you test me enough I'll get you off my rear if I can without being stupid. Aside from that, I keep the "racing" at the race track.

The Future: I love my car and want to improve upon its engine but I'm crossed. I want to keep with what I've been doing with the sound and feel of a classic muscle car. I've heard and encounter so much hate for the 2v 4.6. That you are stupid to upgrade 2v heads to better 2v heads. If you are going to upgrade your heads you might as well turn it into a DOHC or go for 3v heads. I don't really care for FI, I much prefer N/A. So what do I do? Do I upgrade my heads and keep with 2v design? Do I just get cams? Do I go with 3v or 4v? I was thinking 4.10 gears because I like pep but top speed isn't something I'm very concerned with. I'm also quite good at shifting (like I said) and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. The whole "You will be shifting like crazy" isn't really a bad thing in my eyes. More of "Oh good, I like that." What will get me closer to that classic muscle car sound and rough / aggressive driving experience? Am I really wasting money to improve upon the 2v design? Will I get more of a classic muscle car sound with a 3v of 4v?

The end goal I have is; I want a 4.6 engine that runs, feels, sounds like a late 60s mustang. I enjoy pep and acceleration / rough idle and engine ride. Being able to smoke your common road bully off of a red light to the speed limit (most being 50mph) would be nice bug-off message so they leave me alone. What is a worth while way of investing my money to get all that? Money isn't the problem, what to spend it on is.

Last edited by Celine; 02-01-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017
GT Member

Welcome!
Thanks for not reinforcing to the stereotype! The world needs more drivers like you.

I don't think your needs are demanding enough to shun 2v heads as an option, but someone who's more familiar with 4.6s than I can explain their limitations. I certainly can't comment on their difference in sound.

A gear change might be right up your alley. It would feel more responsive while accelerating, as if you had the transmission in a lower gear. But keep in mind that this would have a negative effect on your MPGs (which may or may not be important to you), especially on the freeway where you'd run out of gears to shift up into.

It won't affect power or sound, but if you're a fan of the twisty stuff, and not just straight-line acceleration, subframe connectors would be a good investment. Still a good idea for any SN95.

Honestly, your stage 2 clutch is a little aggressive and unnecessary for your current setup. No benefit there. Stage 1s are still good for up to somewhere around 400hp.

(Oh and BTW, FI and NA aren't mutually exclusive. You can have both! According to your mod list, you already do...)

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro View Post
Welcome!
Thanks for not reinforcing to the stereotype! The world needs more drivers like you.
Thank you! I try to avoid the mustang + female driver stereotypes. I've taken multiple driving classes to learn how to better handle a car in hazardous conditions as well as some for-funs courses that dealt with racing basics.

Quote:
I don't think your needs are demanding enough to shun 2v heads as an option, but someone who's more familiar with 4.6s than I can explain their limitations. I certainly can't comment on their difference in sound.
I kinda like the sound of the 2v with stage 3 cams so I was entertaining that as an option. While doing that (upgrading the cams) I was probably going to get the intake manifold swapped out too.

Quote:
A gear change might be right up your alley. It would feel more responsive while accelerating, as if you had the transmission in a lower gear. But keep in mind that this would have a negative effect on your MPGs (which may or may not be important to you), especially on the freeway where you'd run out of gears to shift up into.
MPG is not something I think about when I drive her. My daily driver gets 42 miles to the gallon in stop-go traffic so my Stang has plenty of gas-money to fall back on. My only concern with gears is as you pointed out, running out of gears to shift into. If/when I drive on the highway, at the moment, I will cruise in 4th because of how horribly unresponsive 5th is. Feels like the engine is going to die when I'm in 5th if I'm not pushing 80-90. I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get the idea. My worry about driving at high rpm on the highway isn't so much the gas miles as much as I am worried about the wear on the engine. I plan on going to Mustang Week this year and it will be a good healthy drive there at like, 2800 rpm with 4.10 gears.

Quote:
It won't affect power or sound, but if you're a fan of the twisty stuff, and not just straight-line acceleration, subframe connectors would be a good investment. Still a good idea for any SN95.
Excellent suggestion! I didn't even think of that. I can't say I'm a huge "twisty stuff" fan as I would much rather handle that kind of driving in a WRX (fun cars btw) but no harm in improving the ability to handle the road.

Quote:
Honestly, your stage 2 clutch is a little aggressive and unnecessary for your current setup. No benefit there. Stage 1s are still good for up to somewhere around 400hp.
That choice was more of just a personal preference. I used to drive my friend's 01 Cobra when I was in college. After handling that I got pretty accustom to a rather aggressive clutch. When I decided to upgrade my GT's (it was stock and I found it too easy to handle) I wanted something similar. Shop told me I would hate it. I personally love it. Being able to feel/hear the clutch release and engage just adds to the thrill and enjoyment of driving a muscle car imo.

Quote:
(Oh and BTW, FI and NA aren't mutually exclusive. You can have both! According to your mod list, you already do...)
I'm terrible automotive lingo despite spending time around cars. I was under the impression FI meant forced induction, as in supercharge / turbo. Am I wrong? Fairly certain I do not have either on the vehicle unless they are hiding on me haha. What I should have said is that I'm not interested in getting a turbo/supercharge on the vehicle. I hate the sound of them and I find them rather overrated. My opinion! Not fact! If I was big into winning drag races I would drop one in without thinking twice. Racing is fun but I lack the competitive spirit required to really crush. Granted...I do fairly well when I go. Maybe I should consider being more serious. Food for thought!

Thank you for the response! =D

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017
Apprentice

Garage
Welcome to the site!!!! i dont have much to say since i am a rookie in this area but there's something im pretty sure about and is that the best sounds comes in the mustangs from 1994 (SN95) through 2004 (new edge). I really loves this engines (old 5.0's) and 4.6's 2V.

By the way id like to hear yours one day it looks like of what you are saying here its sound is pretty awesome with that setup!

Good luck with everything else!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
I was under the impression FI meant forced induction, as in supercharge / turbo.
Oh. Haha, I saw that and immediately thought "fuel injection". Dunno how I overlooked that. Both acronyms are valid, and even though you provided context, I guess I was still hung up on the classic muscle you were talking about earlier in your post.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member

04 GT: Looking to the future

Quote:
Thank you! I try to avoid the mustang + female driver stereotypes. I've taken multiple driving classes to learn how to better handle a car in hazardous conditions as well as some for-funs courses that dealt with racing basics.

I kinda like the sound of the 2v with stage 3 cams so I was entertaining that as an option. While doing that (upgrading the cams) I was probably going to get the intake manifold swapped out too.

MPG is not something I think about when I drive her. My daily driver gets 42 miles to the gallon in stop-go traffic so my Stang has plenty of gas-money to fall back on. My only concern with gears is as you pointed out, running out of gears to shift into. If/when I drive on the highway, at the moment, I will cruise in 4th because of how horribly unresponsive 5th is. Feels like the engine is going to die when I'm in 5th if I'm not pushing 80-90. I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get the idea. My worry about driving at high rpm on the highway isn't so much the gas miles as much as I am worried about the wear on the engine. I plan on going to Mustang Week this year and it will be a good healthy drive there at like, 2800 rpm with 4.10 gears.

Excellent suggestion! I didn't even think of that. I can't say I'm a huge "twisty stuff" fan as I would much rather handle that kind of driving in a WRX (fun cars btw) but no harm in improving the ability to handle the road.

That choice was more of just a personal preference. I used to drive my friend's 01 Cobra when I was in college. After handling that I got pretty accustom to a rather aggressive clutch. When I decided to upgrade my GT's (it was stock and I found it too easy to handle) I wanted something similar. Shop told me I would hate it. I personally love it. Being able to feel/hear the clutch release and engage just adds to the thrill and enjoyment of driving a muscle car imo.

I'm terrible automotive lingo despite spending time around cars. I was under the impression FI meant forced induction, as in supercharge / turbo. Am I wrong? Fairly certain I do not have either on the vehicle unless they are hiding on me haha. What I should have said is that I'm not interested in getting a turbo/supercharge on the vehicle. I hate the sound of them and I find them rather overrated. My opinion! Not fact! If I was big into winning drag races I would drop one in without thinking twice. Racing is fun but I lack the competitive spirit required to really crush. Granted...I do fairly well when I go. Maybe I should consider being more serious. Food for thought!

Thank you for the response! =D

Subframe connectors aren't just for the "twisty stuff." They'll improve the chassis as a whole all the way around. They're a better bang for buck item than most. Don't get kind that have to be welded on, don't get the bolt in type.
Gears are meh. 5th gear isn't really supposed to be "responsive," it's your "over drive" gear for cruising. If it it was an auto it'd be just as unresponsive when you floored it if it didn't down shift on its own. However, if you were to go to a 3.73 or 4.10 your 5th gear will be similar to 4th is now on the highway.
The best way to avoid "female mustang owner" stereotypes is to blend in and keep selfies and posing with your car at a minimum. Joe Bob Plummer would've gotten laughed out of the building if he did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Oh. Haha, I saw that and immediately thought "fuel injection". Dunno how I overlooked that. Both acronyms are valid, and even though you provided context, I guess I was still hung up on the classic muscle you were talking about earlier in your post.
I totally understand! Lots of short-hand car lingo in our community so it is bound to happen ^.^ Thank you again for your support. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve01GT View Post
Welcome to the site!!!! i dont have much to say since i am a rookie in this area but there's something im pretty sure about and is that the best sounds comes in the mustangs from 1994 (SN95) through 2004 (new edge). I really loves this engines (old 5.0's) and 4.6's 2V.

By the way id like to hear yours one day it looks like of what you are saying here its sound is pretty awesome with that setup!

Good luck with everything else!!
Thank you! I would love to share =D her personality (how she sounds)! I have to agree, I love the sound of the 94-04. It is part of the reason I went with the 04 model. I will grab a recording when I get the chance! Crappy weather and I have to change the alternator + new belt. Trying to get it done this week! Will keep posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
The best way to avoid "female mustang owner" stereotypes is to blend in and keep selfies and posing with your car at a minimum.
I was talking about the "bad driver" stereotypes. What are you referring to exactly? Blend in? What about stand out for being exceptional as a driver? What about displaying how well you take care of your investment?

Posing with your car? Everyone does that! Just because a woman does it it is somehow feeding some negative stereotype? That's in your head buddy. You put that there. Guys make videos, sound clips, interviews, do burnouts, etc all so they can be seen with THEIR car. Often people think it is awesome too! Minimal is barely shy of zero. Without even reading into your post I see "You need to quit while you ahead lady and stop posting pictures of you and your car." Be invisible!

The most common stereotype that truly is not exclusive to women but to drivers in general is poor driving. While it is stereotype more on women than men I have taken responsibility as a driver to better understand the machine I control when behind the wheel. What have you done to respect your fellow drivers? What have you done to make driving the roads a safer place? Don't come in here on some high horse like you know what is best for a woman to do / not to do. You are not the ruler of women nor are you their commander and chief. Women make their own choices just like men and while we may be different we should all be held accountable for our actions and the things we say. Are you strong enough to hold yourself accountable for what you say?

Since I may as well defend myself while I'm at it; When I said flash I was referring to my car. Another point is that I hardly consider myself "posing" with my car in some attention whoring way. Average cloths + sunglasses doing a rock'n hand sign isn't exactly up there on the provocative meter. See, this is why women are afraid of getting into these communities. Only a few posts in and some ass-hat has something to say about how a woman needs to conduct herself in their little club.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member

04 GT: Looking to the future

Quote:
I totally understand! Lots of short-hand car lingo in our community so it is bound to happen ^.^ Thank you again for your support. =)

Thank you! I would love to share =D her personality (how she sounds)! I have to agree, I love the sound of the 94-04. It is part of the reason I went with the 04 model. I will grab a recording when I get the chance! Crappy weather and I have to change the alternator + new belt. Trying to get it done this week! Will keep posted.

I was talking about the "bad driver" stereotypes. What are you referring to exactly? Blend in? What about stand out for being exceptional as a driver? What about displaying how well you take care of your investment?

Posing with your car? Everyone does that! Just because a woman does it it is somehow feeding some negative stereotype? That's in your head buddy. You put that there. Guys make videos, sound clips, interviews, do burnouts, etc all so they can be seen with THEIR car. Often people think it is awesome too! Minimal is barely shy of zero. Without even reading into your post I see "You need to quit while you ahead lady and stop posting pictures of you and your car." Be invisible!

The most common stereotype that truly is not exclusive to women but to drivers in general is poor driving. While it is stereotype more on women than men I have taken responsibility as a driver to better understand the machine I control when behind the wheel. What have you done to respect your fellow drivers? What have you done to make driving the roads a safer place? Don't come in here on some high horse like you know what is best for a woman to do / not to do. You are not the ruler of women nor are you their commander and chief. Women make their own choices just like men and while we may be different we should all be held accountable for our actions and the things we say. Are you strong enough to hold yourself accountable for what you say?

Since I may as well defend myself while I'm at it; When I said flash I was referring to my car. Another point is that I hardly consider myself "posing" with my car in some attention whoring way. Average cloths + sunglasses doing a rock'n hand sign isn't exactly up there on the provocative meter. See, this is why women are afraid of getting into these communities. Only a few posts in and some ass-hat has something to say about how a woman needs to conduct herself in their little club.
You're the one poster that I know how they look. I've never seen a guy introduce himself as, "hey, I'm a guy." It's usually pretty gender neutral. I've also never seen any other "minority"(not saying you are one or referring to you in a negative connotation) denounce any stereotypes before they were mentioned. The line between chivalry and equality is a gray area. If all were treated equal there wouldn't be any handicapped parking.
When I see "f/i," I think, "forced induction" as well. Look into a set of subframe connectors. Well worth it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
You're the one poster that I know how they look. I've never seen a guy introduce himself as, "hey, I'm a guy." It's usually pretty gender neutral.
First off I never introduced myself in a "hey I'm a chick". God forbid I have a picture of myself with my car. The fact that you are hung up on me standing next to it is silly. The entire post I talk about my experiences, my likes, and a brief description of myself (in a neutral way) that puts into perspective how I drive and why I enjoy it. No where in it I say I'm a chick. Congrats, you figured out I am. Woohoo. I figured out you were a dude without you saying it. Holy crap, I must be a master of detective skills! OR, it is just something just about anyone can figure out by simple word association.

Probably the only "clue" I gave was my comment about wearing a bikini in the summer while I drive. HOLY CRAP CALL THE FUN POLICE! You mean when it is screaming hot out and your AC doesn't do **** (top is down) you shouldn't wear the kind of clothing you wear in the summer when you go to the outside to relax. How dare a woman sun-bath + drive. ******* crime man. DISTRACTION! ATTENTION WHORING! SHE MUST BE STOPPED! How about when a chick wears a tank-top and a skirt in the summer? Too much? Oh, I just crossed the line when I mentioned I do that to relax while I drive. It can only serve as a means to draw attention. ****, I'm out of line. REALITY CHECK! Only men are allowed to drive around with no shirt on in shorts. Yeah, bug off equality, you're overrated.

Quote:
I've also never seen any other "minority"(not saying you are one or referring to you in a negative connotation) denounce any stereotypes before they were mentioned.
Why don't you read posts? Here, I'll link them;

I respond with this;
Quote:
When Urambo Tauro said;
Quote:
After my original post of;
Quote:
So I'm not an idiot who floors it while taking a turn with a RWD solid-rear axle car (Mustang week how you make us look so bad).
I'm talking about how I am not reckless behind the wheel. I never mention being a female driver in my original post. Yes, Mustang Week has given all Mustang drivers the rep of being reckless. If you have never talked about this or acknowledged it you need to get out from under the rock you are hiding. It is up to us as drivers to turn that around. Only we can improve our image.

Quote:
The line between chivalry and equality is a gray area. If all were treated equal there wouldn't be any handicapped parking
Which is why women shouldn't wear bikinis in the summer ANYWHERE. Right? Right? Men can flaunt their bodies all day walking around topless but women, NOPE, attention ***** if she wears a bikini.

Anyway, I'm talking about everyone should be held accountable for the law. Regardless of gender/race/ethnicity, etc. You missed that...

You are not reading what I'm saying and instead projecting what you believe me to be saying based on what, I have no idea. I show no intention of the things you are suggesting. Read what I'm saying. Stop reading in to them like there is some agenda. Please let this go and get back on track. PLEASE. Just stop. I'm tired of this back and forth. =|

P.S. You are backing me into a corner and my aggressive responses are not desired but I wont stand by idle while you force your perspective of who I am upon me. This went from about cars to about women and minorities. Ugh.
Apprentice

He's not giving you back and forth, and he's not treating you like you're an unequal piece of female meat. The woman Mustang driver stereotype is the selfie-taking, posing with the car type. Go check out instagram, it's full of the stereotypical Mustang girls. He also never said that's what you do. He just said to avoid it if you want to avoid being stereotyped. Your accusatory replies are unwarranted and over the top, really. You're getting worked up over nothing.

Also, he's right. You're the only person on here that I know what you look like. Guys don't typically include themselves in pics of their car. You unknowingly reinforced the stereotype you're trying to avoid by doing so. The pic didn't even have to be provocative or anything
90lxwhite likes this.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
First off I never introduced myself in a "hey I'm a chick". God forbid I have a picture of myself with my car. The fact that you are hung up on me standing next to it is silly. The entire post I talk about my experiences, my likes, and a brief description of myself (in a neutral way) that puts into perspective how I drive and why I enjoy it. No where in it I say I'm a chick. Congrats, you figured out I am. Woohoo. I figured out you were a dude without you saying it. Holy crap, I must be a master of detective skills! OR, it is just something just about anyone can figure out by simple word association.

Probably the only "clue" I gave was my comment about wearing a bikini in the summer while I drive. HOLY CRAP CALL THE FUN POLICE! You mean when it is screaming hot out and your AC doesn't do **** (top is down) you shouldn't wear the kind of clothing you wear in the summer when you go to the outside to relax. How dare a woman sun-bath + drive. ******* crime man. DISTRACTION! ATTENTION WHORING! SHE MUST BE STOPPED! How about when a chick wears a tank-top and a skirt in the summer? Too much? Oh, I just crossed the line when I mentioned I do that to relax while I drive. It can only serve as a means to draw attention. ****, I'm out of line. REALITY CHECK! Only men are allowed to drive around with no shirt on in shorts. Yeah, bug off equality, you're overrated.

Why don't you read posts? Here, I'll link them;

I respond with this;

When Urambo Tauro said;

After my original post of;

I'm talking about how I am not reckless behind the wheel. I never mention being a female driver in my original post. Yes, Mustang Week has given all Mustang drivers the rep of being reckless. If you have never talked about this or acknowledged it you need to get out from under the rock you are hiding. It is up to us as drivers to turn that around. Only we can improve our image.

Which is why women shouldn't wear bikinis in the summer ANYWHERE. Right? Right? Men can flaunt their bodies all day walking around topless but women, NOPE, attention ***** if she wears a bikini.

Anyway, I'm talking about everyone should be held accountable for the law. Regardless of gender/race/ethnicity, etc. You missed that...

You are not reading what I'm saying and instead projecting what you believe me to be saying based on what, I have no idea. I show no intention of the things you are suggesting. Read what I'm saying. Stop reading in to them like there is some agenda. Please let this go and get back on track. PLEASE. Just stop. I'm tired of this back and forth. =|

P.S. You are backing me into a corner and my aggressive responses are not desired but I wont stand by idle while you force your perspective of who I am upon me. This went from about cars to about women and minorities. Ugh.

Best thing I've ever done.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-SUBS/79-04-...ame-Connectors

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming04Gt View Post
Also, he's right. You're the only person on here that I know what you look like. Guys don't typically include themselves in pics of their car. You unknowingly reinforced the stereotype you're trying to avoid by doing so. The pic didn't even have to be provocative or anything
Considering the stereotype I was talking about was "bad driving" no, I did not reinforce a stereotype I was trying to avoid. A stereotype I didn't think / know about, sure. Didn't think anything of myself being in the picture. Still don't.

Anyway;

Quote:
I threw that on my list of possible upgrades but I wasn't sure if it was something to invest into. Seems like something that would certainly help with strengthening the chassis since it is just a box frame.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Considering the stereotype I was talking about was "bad driving" no, I did not reinforce a stereotype I was trying to avoid. A stereotype I didn't think / know about, sure. Didn't think anything of myself being in the picture. Still don't.

Anyway;

I threw that on my list of possible upgrades but I wasn't sure if it was something to invest into. Seems like something that would certainly help with strengthening the chassis since it is just a box frame.

Yeah, they help a whole lot. Less body roll, less creeks and rattles. The make for just an all around better chassis.
As for the stereotyping, If everyone keeps it: gender neutral, race/creed neutral, political and religious affiliation to themselves, it'd be all about the cars. However, being a woman isn't really a hindrance in this situation at all really, it'll actually play into your favor. Say random mustang owner with a car for an avatar asks a question, or starts a long winded thread about future plans. The majority aren't going to really read all the way through it and a lot won't even click to see what's inside. But when scrolling through and some one sees a pic of a lady, ones more likely to check it out and see what's going on. No one would've known you're age, race, or sex, or would've thought to ask, or care if you weren't so quick to say something along the lines of, "hey I'm a woman, but I don't want any women driver stereotypes" (paraphrasing).
The thing I mentioned about chivalry and equality: I guess what I was getting at is this, say there are two threads that say, "Help!" One introduces herself as a lady either formally or via picture, and the other is a big burly guy, or sex unknown. Who do you think will get the most responses? If both were ambiguous as far as the sex goes they'd get equal responses more than likely. Also, if a guy were to trow a tantrum or ask a ridiculous question the responses wouldn't be as gentle as if the question came from a woman. No one is going to tell a girl, "hey dumbazz, the fuel goes in the gas tank not in the washer fluid." But if Johnny X did he'd get laughed out of the house. So if you want to be treated as an equal then be equal. Leave the human factor out of the forums.

Apprentice

Yall made her remove her picture,i belong to many different forums,because i own many different cars there are a few people that post pics with their cars kinda nice to put a face with the ride, male or female.For what its worth i believe women should wear bikinis year round im not offended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2004 mustang gt , 4.6 2 valve , upgrades gears heads new

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page