Would You Trade a Jar Of Nickles For A Non GT? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SoCal2V

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Would You Trade a Jar Of Nickles For A Non GT?

NO! I wouldn't. I wouldn't trade any GT for the nicest and newest non GT. That's it! Love my 99, it's a riot!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
I would take an Ecoboost in a heart beat. Tune, intake, exhaust and you are looking at 320+ to wheels and a solid torque curve..along with a great interior and a much improved chassis.

Although, I must say, I should be known as the "bitter-old-dude-who-hates-his-New-Edge" guy right now lol...If I could, my New Edge would be traded in for an S550 in a blink of an eye.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017
GT Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post
I would take an Ecoboost in a heart beat. Tune, intake, exhaust and you are looking at 320+ to wheels and a solid torque curve..along with a great interior and a much improved chassis.

Although, I must say, I should be known as the "bitter-old-dude-who-hates-his-New-Edge" guy right now lol...If I could, my New Edge would be traded in for an S550 in a blink of an eye.

Come on man, its not that bad.

Ive been down a rough path with mine and wouldnt trade for the world!

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

My cars are like my dogs. I could have another dog, but I wouldn't trade one I currently have for another.
lwarrior1016 likes this.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by revneck View Post
NO! I wouldn't. I wouldn't trade any GT for the nicest and newest non GT. That's it! Love my 99, it's a riot!
Yes sir I would and I did. Not every situation is the same. If I could afford a weekend toy I would get a GT in a heart beat but can only afford 1 vehicle and I spend 2 hours every day in stop and go traffic. The ecoboost is still fun, looks great and practical for long daily commute.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
When you can only afford 1 car per spouse and have an 80 mile commute...a New Edge GT is not practical. With that said, I cna't affod a car payment so my car is what it is and it ain't going anywhere anyway.

If I could, I would be in a 13-14 Coyote or a brand new Ecoboost S550. Wouldn't think twice about it ...all the while planning a build for my car. Our next vehicle will be a mini van so I will be driving a 2009 Malibu and the stang will finally be a weekend warrior which means I'll enjoy it more than I do now.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017
PONY Member

nope, not my thing at all. I don't mine 4 or 6 cylinder engines in my DD's at all, but when it comes to American sports & muscle cars a V8 is a must (regardless if it is faster/slower), it's a heritage thing for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page