Has anyone raced yet this year? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SoCal2V
  • 1 Post By 90lxwhite

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Has anyone raced yet this year?

How did it go? I got to go Easter weekend but I'm not sure if I'll get to go again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
I went once this year. Did not go well. MY clutch locked out on me so I ran a horrible time....fixed that but didnt run again.

I did race my brothers Coyote once down the 1/4 but I couldnt shift that for nothing. It locked me, my bro, and my dad out of 2nd, 3rd, 4th...shifting at like 7k+. I did manage a 1.8 60ft just couldnt shift it. He needs a new clutch.

I'm pretty depressed about my car in general so I doubt I go again. My car is just getting old...I want something faster and newer but it won't ever happen so I just sulk

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017
GT Member

Garage
I went back in February and made 2 passes. Both of which were absolutely terrible and the second one I blew up the clutch around half track. I'm just getting the car back together and am hoping to make it back real soon.

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post
I went once this year. Did not go well. MY clutch locked out on me so I ran a horrible time....fixed that but didnt run again.

I did race my brothers Coyote once down the 1/4 but I couldnt shift that for nothing. It locked me, my bro, and my dad out of 2nd, 3rd, 4th...shifting at like 7k+. I did manage a 1.8 60ft just couldnt shift it. He needs a new clutch.

I'm pretty depressed about my car in general so I doubt I go again. My car is just getting old...I want something faster and newer but it won't ever happen so I just sulk
I hear you
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post

If I got my power steering rack back together by next weekend I was going to try to go. But the local track is having "real races" with "real race cars" that weekend. I'm kind of "over it" for now though. I don't think I'll ever get much better than I did last time without getting slicks and I'd just be burning my clutch out for nothing.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
Went twice in April. Weather was cold, cold track = no traction But I had fun and that's the important thing.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017
PONY Member

So....I know we don't talk about street races here, but this was hardly on the street. And it wasn't an actual race, per se, so maybe it is okay?

Pulling on to a deserted freeway in some place in Canada (not the place that has laws and stuff) and see an Audi behind me. I think it's an Audi S5. He decides I am not going fast enough in the lawless west, so he hits the gas. I'm kinda expecting this, so I am ready. I hit it too.

We go side by side up to the exact speed limit and no more. Honest.

No one wins. I am stunned.

He is apparently also stunned.

We get together side by side and give the usual thumbs up, nice car, etc. Then he drives off because I am reluctant to break the limit and go ahead. I notice the RS7 on the back.

Holy crap.....there are some really fast stock four door sedans out there! Of course I went home and looked it up. 605 hp and nothing to let you know what you are up against? Hardly fair.

If you are one of those guys trying to embarrass an honest mustang with your supercar four door sedan because you are rich and play professional hockey and have a really attractive blonde wife, more power to you. I am chalking up a win (even though it was technically a dead heat) because $30k tied $130k. I hope I am not being overly self indulgent in this.

This was done on a closed course with professional drivers. There is no admission of guilt and all participants were of adult age. No animals were harmed.

All the best.

2014 Gray Mustang

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UUUd444 View Post
So....I know we don't talk about street races here, but this was hardly on the street. And it wasn't an actual race, per se, so maybe it is okay?

Pulling on to a deserted freeway in some place in Canada (not the place that has laws and stuff) and see an Audi behind me. I think it's an Audi S5. He decides I am not going fast enough in the lawless west, so he hits the gas. I'm kinda expecting this, so I am ready. I hit it too.

We get together side by side and give the usual thumbs up, nice car, etc. Then he drives off because I am reluctant to break the limit and go ahead. I notice the RS7 on the back.

Holy crap.....there are some really fast stock four door sedans out there! Of course I went home and looked it up. 605 hp and nothing to let you know what you are up against? Hardly fair.

If you are one of those guys trying to embarrass an honest mustang with your supercar four door sedan because you are rich and play professional hockey and have a really attractive blonde wife, more power to you. I am chalking up a win (even though it was technically a dead heat) because $30k tied $130k. I hope I am not being overly self indulgent in this.

This was done on a closed course with professional drivers. There is no admission of guilt and all participants were of adult age. No animals were harmed.

All the best.
$80k and 450 horse. Still quick and expensive. What year is your Canadian Clydesdale?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:

All the best.
Hockey....
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Only street races we talk about here are the ones we do in Mexico. And sometimes, Mexico is more of a state of mind or being rather than an actual place. Because well, I don't know anybody here, and certainly not myself, who would engage in any sort of citeable offense on a public road, ever. Unless in Mexico.
JonR2006 and UUUd444 like this.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
PONY Member

ummm....wrong audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
$80k and 450 horse. Still quick and expensive. What year is your Canadian Clydesdale?
Sorry to be a dink about it, but the S7 is 450 hp and cheaper. The RS7 is 605 hp. 3.2 sec zero to sixty. A formidable sedan, despite carrying almost seven hundred pounds extra to my mustang.

I would like to think that I would have overcome the Audi because of the weight advantage except for his all wheel drive. I punched in third and took awhile to get traction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seriously, wicked car.

Mine is '14 and needing more tire. And maybe a smaller pulley on the supercharger. And lose a couple hundred pounds. And a better driver. And some stripes to make it look and feel faster. And.....well, you get it...

All the best.

2014 Gray Mustang

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
Sorry to be a dink about it, but the S7 is 450 hp and cheaper. The RS7 is 605 hp. 3.2 sec zero to sixty. A formidable sedan, despite carrying almost seven hundred pounds extra to my mustang.

I would like to think that I would have overcome the Audi because of the weight advantage except for his all wheel drive. I punched in third and took awhile to get traction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seriously, wicked car.

Mine is '14 and needing more tire. And maybe a smaller pulley on the supercharger. And lose a couple hundred pounds. And a better driver. And some stripes to make it look and feel faster. And.....well, you get it...

All the best.
Ah, this one. http://www.caranddriver.com/audi/rs7
With your supercharger I'm assuming you've gotta be at least 500 hp. I wouldn't think there'd be all that much that you'd have trouble keeping up with. Get some stripes.
UUUd444 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page