How do you feel about this deal? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

How do you feel about this deal?

I'm looking at purchasing a 2004 Mustang GT 40th Anniversary Edition. The car has a lot done to it including:
Double din pioneer touch screen radio, mach 1 audio system with Bluetooth and backup camera. 3 gauges on the pillar; wideband air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure and vacuum/boost. Black Cobra staggered rims; Sumatomo tires. Has cobra front bumper and rear wing. New headlights with 6000k Hids. Full stainless exhaust, Bassani off-road stainless X-pipe and Borla Touring Cat-back exhaust. BBK Shorty headers that are not yet installed. Has SCT Tuner, Steeda under-drive pullies and Spectre air intake. VMS Tubular rear control arms and Steeda lowering springs with Camber/Caster plates, sequential taillights and red Calipers.

The car has 128,000 miles on it and is listed for $6,000. Does this deal seem to good to be true or should I go through with it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well that depends. How does it run? Does it miss/smoke/make funny noises? Does the clutch work fine, or if auto, does it shift okay?(I would pull both dip sticks & make sure the fluids are good. Engine oil should be at the full line & tranny fluid should be red/pink & not dark brown. If it runs great, has no leaks or any of the above, the price does not sound unreasonable. Who knows, they might be willing to take a little less.

Oh Yeah! Welcome to the site.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome!
I actually haven't gone to see the car in person yet but I plan to, and the car is a manual. I'll be sure to check the fluids like you said and check for any unusual sounds, leaks, etc. Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrayson28 View Post
I'm looking at purchasing a 2004 Mustang GT 40th Anniversary Edition. The car has a lot done to it including:
Double din pioneer touch screen radio, mach 1 audio system with Bluetooth and backup camera. 3 gauges on the pillar; wideband air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure and vacuum/boost. Black Cobra staggered rims; Sumatomo tires. Has cobra front bumper and rear wing. New headlights with 6000k Hids. Full stainless exhaust, Bassani off-road stainless X-pipe and Borla Touring Cat-back exhaust. BBK Shorty headers that are not yet installed. Has SCT Tuner, Steeda under-drive pullies and Spectre air intake. VMS Tubular rear control arms and Steeda lowering springs with Camber/Caster plates, sequential taillights and red Calipers.

The car has 128,000 miles on it and is listed for $6,000. Does this deal seem to good to be true or should I go through with it?
Errr ehh, sounds a little "ricey."
*Edit* I just googled vms control arms. You don't want that thing, those arms are flimsy junk. They're the Sam's Choice, of control arms. You know, they're a generic product that's sold under a slew of different names. Other "brands" for those arms include: SVE, SR Perdormance, Granatelli, summit racing sells them as they're house brand arms too. They're made in China and they've been know to break. If the arms and or bushings themselves didn't break, the torque boxes did. Do a google of any of those "brands" of rear control arms and read the reviews. That car is going to ride like a chuck wagon and it isn't going to be very quick, just loud.
You'd be better off with a lower mileage stock one and I imagine you can find one for $6k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page