Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

adding 75mm TB and Plenum.....

995 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  johnr2001 
#1 ·
I am thinking of adding a BBK 75mm TB and Plenum. All I have right now is K&N intake and 40 series flowmasters.. Is there anything else I would have to change and is this something a weekend mechanic can do? Would also like to change intake manifold..worth the trouble and horsepower/torque increase

#2 ·
Basic hand tools I did mine in abot an hour or less.

#3 ·
it could get tricky... but you should be able to get it.
did mine in about an hr

#4 ·
Linkage

Careful with the throttle linkage - it's fragile and easily broken.

Otherwise, yes, the install is easy.

75mm is a largish TB for a stock bottom end, so you give up some response. 70mm will work better on that motor right now. 75mm WILL pay dividends with any future serious build like a blower or built motor.

Intakes are pricey, and yield a modest power gain - and are surplus if you ultimately go with a postive displacement supercharger (KB, Whipple, Magnacharger, etc). They are also more difficult to install, though still not really that tough with a good manual and patiance.

#5 ·
The install was easy once you know where all sensors and hoses are connected. I just went ahead and bought a new TPS so I wouldn't have to set the voltage. I haven't lost any low end and the response and acceleration is evident all the way through the RPM's. Forget what people say, you will notice a difference even if you never plan on forced induction, but have a good exhaust and a decent final gear. I am 100% satisfied with upgrading the TB and plenum. I think it was money well spent and I plan on keeping it N/A.

#6 ·
Yes totally worth it! pretty simple install just make sure you get new gaskets in the kit. Go with who you want but I have Accufab 75mm tb and plenum. They will work best with cold air and headers. You will really hear it sucking in the air too.

#8 ·
im 17 and i had no trouble doin mine! with the plenum i had some idle problems and my throttle stuck at first but with minor adjustments its np..! with the throttle body i bout the hole for the throttle cable was 2 small so i took a drill and made it bigger! but other then that its a great choice of mods! i could feel a big difference! and the intake manifold is well worth ir if ur wanting to spray nos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.