Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ponyboy4
  • 1 Post By Ponyboy4
  • 1 Post By Ponyboy4

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
When are we going to see New Style Headlights?

So I see that thereís the new style taillight to fit the SN series but when is someone going to adapt and create some headlights. At least some more styles. I donít want Halos myself but I would like to see more styles and I actually think someone adapting the new style to the SNís if done right would look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyboy4
Something I've thought of myself. 94-04 cars have horrid headlights. I would personally like to see something that looks close to the stock lights on 99-04s, but has separate high and low beams. Changing the vertical bar reflectors in the sides of the housings on 99-04s into actual accent lights or turn signals would be cool too.

94-98s seem to have the worst options for replacement headlights in my opinion. Not sure why AM doesn't have a variant of these
https://www.americanmuscle.com/94-04...ctors-dot.html
for 94-98 cars. Guess they don't realize some people hate halos.
Might want to just look into some good LED bulbs and smoked housings to give your front end a bit of an updated look?

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy4 View Post
Something I've thought of myself. 94-04 cars have horrid headlights. I would personally like to see something that looks close to the stock lights on 99-04s, but has separate high and low beams. Changing the vertical bar reflectors in the sides of the housings on 99-04s into actual accent lights or turn signals would be cool too.

94-98s seem to have the worst options for replacement headlights in my opinion. Not sure why AM doesn't have a variant of these

https://www.americanmuscle.com/94-04...ctors-dot.html

for 94-98 cars. Guess they don't realize some people hate halos.

Might want to just look into some good LED bulbs and smoked housings to give your front end a bit of an updated look?

That seems like the only option. I wish I had the resources. Iíd make an attempt at designing and fabricating some myself. I wonder if thereís some company I could send a design out to and they could make em. Mines isnít roadworthy yet so Itís not a big concern yet but it is in my head along with countless other ideas.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017
GT Member
4.6L Member

Countless ideas.. I feel that. I don't know a huge amount about product design, but it seems to me that any company that could (and would be willing to) design and produce one-off plastic products could in theory make whatever design you would please. As many design firms are using 3d printing nowadays, I could see this being a possible way to do it.
Seems doable to me though; I don't see a reason to why the rear of the stock housings couldn't be modified (replaced) to hold whatever lights or light assemblies you'd want. Then just fit the stock fronts back onto them. Might want to look into contacting a company or two. They may see it as an odd request but, I'm sure for the right amount of $$$ they would be willing to take a crack at it. Just depends on how much thought and effort you'd want to put into it!
damon81nola likes this.

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Countless ideas.. I feel that. I don't know a huge amount about product design, but it seems to me that any company that could (and would be willing to) design and produce one-off plastic products could in theory make whatever design you would please. As many design firms are using 3d printing nowadays, I could see this being a possible way to do it.

Seems doable to me though; I don't see a reason to why the rear of the stock housings couldn't be modified (replaced) to hold whatever lights or light assemblies you'd want. Then just fit the stock fronts back onto them. Might want to look into contacting a company or two. They may see it as an odd request but, I'm sure for the right amount of $$$ they would be willing to take a crack at it. Just depends on how much thought and effort you'd want to put into it!

I think I will. May even post a few ideas to see what people think. Then maybe with a few requests we might be able to start something

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017
GT Member
4.6L Member

Could work. Everyone has 94-04 Mustangs, and they ALL need different headlights if you ask me. It could be in the best interest of a company to make a new design for them..
damon81nola likes this.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Could work. Everyone has 94-04 Mustangs, and they ALL need different headlights if you ask me. It could be in the best interest of a company to make a new design for them..

Already researching. Iíll start drawing up something soon too.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage

Well hereís a few. Iím partial to the top one honestly.

Last edited by damon81nola; 10-25-2017 at 01:25 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage

Once more in color. Now none of these ďIĒ intend to use Halos but I would say itís a matter of preference. I know the drawing isnít the best but Iím not trying to get to that point yet. Just some options and I may draw different ones later. Itís to gauge what people like if I were to find a company thatíll do it.

GT Member

Of those three, I like the top one the most. Not sure about the LED strip, but the curves complement the car's body nicely and give it some extra style.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
GT Member
4.6L Member

Hey I like those too! LED accent lights are where its at. That top design would lend itself well to the 99-04 cars as well, just make it a bit more edgy.

Rookie

Garage
Instead of worrying about how cool looking they can make headlights.
How about worrying about how well they work in the dark at night on unlit roads.

USAF
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF View Post
How about worrying about how well they work in the dark at night on unlit roads.

USAF

Of course. Thatís why Iím talking to companies to see what they can do. I want functionality as well as looks. Thatís the biggest reason I feel an update is due. Coincidentally I did receive a reply from one of the companies. Not the result I was hoping to see though. These are individuals Prices and the add onís make most of the designs about 700-900 dollars.

GT Member
4.6L Member

Man those get real pricey real quick. I'd call it progress though at least. I'm interested to see how far you can get with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF View Post

USAF
Two C-cell Maglites taped to the hood of an SN95 would be better than stock headlights, no doubt nearly any lights that can be adjusted correctly would be an upgrade. I'm a big fan of projector style lights with separate high and low beam bulbs for this reason.
damon81nola likes this.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage

Quote:
Man those get real pricey real quick. I'd call it progress though at least. I'm interested to see how far you can get with this.

Two C-cell Maglites taped to the hood of an SN95 would be better than stock headlights, no doubt nearly any lights that can be adjusted correctly would be an upgrade. I'm a big fan of projector style lights with separate high and low beam bulbs for this reason.

Letís see what the other companies reply. This company seems to be good for one offs but geez that price though. I might as well go with the headlights I said I was gonna get for now and get the raxiom taillights. Not giving up yet though hopefully someone can do it. Still havenít seen much traction as far as those who might be interested. I agree though. I would like separate lows and highs and maybe a a projector. Better visibility is a must. Donít want to get a set that improves nothing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page