Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   4.6L Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/)
-   -   Moroso brake reservoir cover install (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/1056242-moroso-brake-reservoir-cover-install.html)

sunriser 01-24-2018 05:49 PM

Moroso brake reservoir cover install

Have an 04 GT vert and would like to add some bling to the engine compartment with the install of a Moroso brake reservoir aluminum cover. Problem is... I just installed a chrome strut tower brace that I am told I may have to at the least remove one side of to put this normally easily installed part on .After cracking my oem cowl cover with the brace install recently I'am afraid to touch the bolts under the new cowl...Anyone have any suggestions ..Thanks BB

replacement 01-24-2018 09:04 PM

Keep working on your car - you will gain confidence with practice. You are starting with very manageable tasks.

SoCal2V 01-25-2018 01:04 AM

I fail to understand how the stb in any way conflicts with the brake fluid reservior?

stormsedge 01-25-2018 08:15 AM

Yup. Went to the garage and looked at mine (2000GT convertible), and checked the photos at AM. If you have the SR type triangular brace, I think you'll need to remove the cowl to take out the bolts, remove the bolts on the driver's side and loosen the bolts on passenger side to get the cover in there. Lacking a heated garage to work in, I would wait until a nice warm summer day to mess with my cowl again. Note, there is some very limited side to side movement in the plastic brake reservoir, but I would be hesitant to push it very far. ((I was able to get my 17yo cowl off with one crack, laid it on the only flat surface I had big enough (floor-yes, stupid), got preoccupied and hit it with my floor jack---it exploded....DUoh!)).