So I am relatively new to Mustangs, just got my 01 GT in June of 2017 and spent the rest of the summer just driving it and fixing some small things that needed attention. It came with a K&N intake with about the dirtiest filter I have ever seen, Flowmaster exhaust that had a rusted out tip, and some old school plug and play superchip tune. I was running very well with only 65,000 when I got it so I went ahead and got a new K&N filter and washed the other one as a backup, got a brand new Flowmaster American Thunder stainless cat back so it won't rust out again. It also needed breaks so I got the Powerstop kit with the drilled rotors and pads and just did some other general maintenance like flushing and changing everything etc.
Now that I am stuck in the winter in CT all I have been able to do it stare at it and come up with how I want to build him up, yes him we are calling him Mr. Ed (inside joke). Yesterday I ordered the first round of parts which include wheels / tires, suspension, rear end and tuner. See below for parts list. I will be doing probably 1 or 2 track days a year so I want to to be comfortable with that, but 90% of the time I will just be going on cruises with our group.
- Ford Performance Lowering C-Springs (79-04 All, Excluding 99-04 Cobra)
- SR Performance Polyurethane Spring Isolators - Rear (79-04 All, Excluding 99-04 Cobra)
- SR Performance Polyurethane Spring Isolators - Front (79-04 All)
- Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner w/ 2 Custom Tunes (99-04 GT, Bullitt)
- Ford Performance Traction - LOK Rebuild Kit w/ Carbon Discs - 8.8 in.
- Motive Rear End Installation and Bearing Kit - 8.8 in.
- Motive Performance Plus Ring Gear and Pinion Kit - 3.90 Gears (99-04 GT)
- Staggered 1995 Cobra R Style Black Wheel & Sumitomo Tire Kit - 17x9/10.5 (99-04 All)
- BBK Rear Upper & Lower Control Arm Kit (99-04 All, Excluding Cobra)
- Steeda X2 Ball Joint Kit (94-04 All)
We should have this installed within the next few weeks, just in time to break it out in the spring! Let me know you thoughts on it and what I have in mind for it. Below is 2 more steps in the build I had ideas for, leave a vote and let me know what I should do next or leave a comment and let me know what you would do instead.
Step 2 - Interior refresh
- Alterum Rear Seat Delete - Black (94-04 Coupe)
- ACC 10142160 Cutpile; Molded Carpet; Complete
- Corbeau Trailcat Diamond Pattern Seat w/ Black Stitching - Black Vinyl - Pair (79-18 All)
- Corbeau Seat Bracket Set (99-04 All)
- FR500 STYLE STEERING WHEEL - DARK CHARCOAL GRAY
Step 3 - Exhaust and performance
- Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit - Front & Rear (99-04 GT, V6 w/ Traction Control)
- 1996-04 MUSTANG SVE 75MM THROTTLE BODY & PLENUM KIT SATIN
- 96-04 MUSTANG TUBULAR CHROME MOLY K MEMBER SPRING PERCHES
- BBK 1-5/8 in. Ceramic Long Tube Headers (96-04 GT w/ Manual Transmission)
- Kooks Off-road X-Pipe - 2.5 in. (99-04 4.6L w/ Long Tube Headers)
- SR Performance Underdrive Pulleys - Black (Late 01-04 GT)
- SR Performance O2 Sensor Extension Kit - Pair (86-10 All)