Help. no start car is in storage and has to move - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Help. no start car is in storage and has to move

Hi everyone. I have a 1999 mustang 4.6 manual tans vert. Car was parked all winter in storage. I brought battery fully charged installed turned key and fan started at full speed and it just turns over. No start. Fuel pump does not prime at all. Back fuel switch is good. Kept trying when theift light Started flashing and then dashes displayed in the odo.

I ve read alot of other posts so I'm trying my best to figure it out.

All fuses are good at bjb and cjb.
I also pulled and cleaned two grounds at battery and one on the passenger side at the front. And I ran through the check to test ignition switch. How ever fuses f2.6 f2.35 f2.37 f2.38 and f2.41 do not have any power with key on or off.

Not sure where to go from here.
At this point it just turns over.
But I have remove car now as I'm already past my storage term. Any help would be great and thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member

For the purposes of the crank with no start the fuses that matter are F2.34, F2.2, and F2.8. If we assume those fuses have key on power THEN, The ignition switch is good and the CCRM is good.

Please see the following threads for more information.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post2669271

1996+ Crank with no start check list
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...e.html#2984838

1999 3.8 v6 HELP!! Crank no start odometer reads radiator fans on, theft light flashing rapidly
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...apidly.902986/

^^The thread above puts everything into practice. However the original poster hasn't (or won't) perform the power and grounds tests at the PCM. This test is necessary before calling a bad PCM.

The OP also hasn't tested the PCM by attempting to access with an ODB2 scanner/reader.

Note, swapping a PCM as a diagnostic test a bad idea which often creates as many problems as it solves. Do yourself a big favor and perform all of the tests that "prove" power to the PCM.

Note2; For a car that is been in storage for a long time the possibility of rodent damage should be considered. Have you inspected the area around the PCM and inside the engine bay for evidence of rodent activity?

If you do end up replacing the PCM here's some information on a DIY PATS option.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...elm327-usb.57/

2003 GT Convertible (sold & missed)
2000 GT coupe (Craigslist project. Fixed. Now my DD). Windsor to Romeo swap.

Last edited by wmburns; 04-11-2018 at 09:11 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you so much for the reply. I have read the above post.

99 3.8 v6 no start.

My car is in a heated storage unit. Nothing looks disturbed from mice or rodents. I did however put a set of jumper cables to the engine and chassis to make sure they were grounded as I have had that problem arise before in my older pick up. I will be going to the unit on Friday as I work too late tomarrow. I will try plugging in a scan tool into the odb2 port to see the pcm, as I didn't bring it with me the first go around. I will also print those threads off and work through them.

The passenger door was too close to the side wall to open door and pull trim to get to the ecu. I will have to pull car out with a strap. I will perform those ecu tests first before just buying a junk yard ecu and swaping it it with fingers crossed. People don't get it. If a short happened and took the pcm with it. Why plug in another just to turn the key and blame. She gone!

Agian than you and I will post me results.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

OK I ve here here all day. Got passenger pannel off to view pcm. All looks well there. I pulled battery cover as it mentions wires under that in videos and posts. Uncliped and Checked those connections,all is well and clean pins. I brought 2nd key and it didn't help. Also code scanner does not see pcm iether.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page