• 1 Post By stormsedge
  • 1 Post By MustangLife
  • 1 Post By huberoy123
  • 1 Post By Truth in Ruin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

OEM Brake Pads

Does anyone know the part number for pads on a 03í GT?

Iím looking on RockAuto, but thereís numerous options. Iím just looking for the OEM ones if at all possible.

Front #ís

Rear #ís

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018
08'MustangDude

Delete

MustangLife likes this.

Last edited by 08'MustangDude; 06-05-2018 at 06:33 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018
PONY Member
4.6L Member

If you go to your local parts store, they can discuss the different pad compounds with you. As for Rock Auto, any of the ceramic or organic compounds for the base GT ought to fill the bill. Be sure to follow the pad bed in/break in instructions if provided. Cheers!
Truth in Ruin likes this.

Underestimate me, that will be fun.
GREEN WORM RACING--since 1959

These are my opinions...YOU are responsible for YOUR decisions and YOUR outcomes...AND, my not arguing with you does not indicate agreement with your opinion.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude View Post
SO, you want everyone else to research it, and NOT you?

OE; go to the dealer.

OEM, go to a parts store.
No, I didnít want everyone else to research it. I was just simply asking if anyone KNEW what the numbers were off hand. And yes, I DID research it, but came-up with several part numbers as mentioned. Thanks
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsedge View Post
If you go to your local parts store, they can discuss the different pad compounds with you. As for Rock Auto, any of the ceramic or organic compounds for the base GT ought to fill the bill. Be sure to follow the pad bed in/break in instructions if provided. Cheers!
Thanks for the advice
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Ford is the only place I think to get true OE parts. Sometimes you find them other places, but rarely as they are more pricey than non OE parts for the most part and most times non OE parts are equal or better.

Parts stores like NAPA, Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reilly, and the like will be able to pull the right parts up by year, make, and model. I haven't used RockAuto before, but I would think they could do the same.

Hope this helps!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Ford is the only place I think to get true OE parts. Sometimes you find them other places, but rarely as they are more pricey than non OE parts for the most part and most times non OE parts are equal or better.

Parts stores like NAPA, Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reilly, and the like will be able to pull the right parts up by year, make, and model. I haven't used RockAuto before, but I would think they could do the same.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, MustangLife. I went with Centric from RockAuto.

Front #10308040 = $13.84

Rear #10306270 = $11.01
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth in Ruin View Post
Does anyone know the part number for pads on a 03í GT?

Iím looking on RockAuto, but thereís numerous options. Iím just looking for the OEM ones if at all possible.

Front #ís

Rear #ís

TIA
Should the need arise for factory part numbers in the future, go to https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com
This site should be able to assist you.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by huberoy123 View Post
Should the need arise for factory part numbers in the future, go to https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com
This site should be able to assist you.
Nice! This is exactly what I needed! For some reason the link wonít open. It says the address is invalid.

EDIT: never mind, I got it to work. Thanks a million!
huberoy123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page