Iac and pvc delete pros and cons - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Beechkid
  • 2 Post By wmburns

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 5 Days Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Iac and pvc delete pros and cons

My iac has an issue with running my car at 1500 rpm at idle so i have been thinking about deleting it. I have tuning software so it wont be an issue. But what are the pros and cons to deleting it. Also what is the pros and cons to deleting the pvc and fresh air system and adding breathers. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 5 Days Ago
BOSS Member

Well, nothing but cons all the way around...let's start with the pcv valve...this keeps/balances pressure in the upper and lower half of the engine..... deleting it will push oil where you don't want it and induce water vaper within the engine....eliminating the IAC? You have a software program so no big deal...really? I don't think so.

imps likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 5 Days Ago
GT Member

Garage
Do you have a/c in your car? If you do, your idle will end up being higher than you want it when the a/c isn’t on. I’ve got a few buddies that have deleted iac’s and the car runs fine but they are cars that don’t have a/c.

As far as pcv is concerned, that’s also something that people do quite often and have not seen many negative effects. Most folks will do an air-oil separator instead of just a breather. Run both covers into a baffled container and then run the catch can out to the intake. That way the system is close to working like it used too.

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If you delete the IAC you can expect that after tuning on a hot motor it will run fine. That is until:
  • The weather changes
  • the motor is cold. No high speed idle when the motor first starts.
  • the baro presure changes
  • the fuel changes from winter to summer grade (or the other way)
  • The AC is switched on (or off).
  • the motor load changes for example power steering load during slow speed operation.
  • For the GT, not enough RPM's for the power steering pump to supply power brake assist during coast down.

To me the biggest "con" of all is the act of "giving up" on a possible "solvable" problem.
Beechkid and imps like this.

2003 GT Convertible (sold & missed)
2000 GT coupe (Craigslist project. Fixed. Now my DD). Windsor to Romeo swap.

Last edited by wmburns; 3 Days Ago at 03:41 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hmm, I always thought the IAC was necessary:

https://wheelzine.com/understanding-...n-your-vehicle

Disclaimer: I am not a pro mechanic.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwarrior1016 View Post
Do you have a/c in your car? If you do, your idle will end up being higher than you want it when the a/c isn’t on. I’ve got a few buddies that have deleted iac’s and the car runs fine but they are cars that don’t have a/c.

As far as pcv is concerned, that’s also something that people do quite often and have not seen many negative effects. Most folks will do an air-oil separator instead of just a breather. Run both covers into a baffled container and then run the catch can out to the intake. That way the system is close to working like it used too.
ac has been deleted but is a daily. Right now the iac is unplugged and i set the idle myself anyway due to my cams. Im just trying to clean the engine bay up a bit thats all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page