Ford Mustang Forum banner

SN95 Door Panel Project

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  145566 
#1 ·
My dog ate my door panel so I need to fix it.
Mine has the black perforated vinyl in the center so I’m going to get some of that and cut something to shape and wrap it. The factory stuff was a cardboard type material. So I’m thinking about maybe that two ply plastic esq poster board. Or possibly one of those reflective windshield shades that you stick in your windshield a few times after purchase but ends up in the trunk. Cutting and covering one of those might work. We’ll see. I’ll probably measure once and cut twice.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The "cardboard" will not live long with exposure to moisture...visit a local lumberyard and you will find 1/8" or 1/16" composit backing board that will work for you...same stuff they use on the back of cabinets

#4 ·
Ah, good idea. The oem panel was the same type material as oem headliners, it something very similar.
Making the pattern is proving to be a little difficult. It’s like tracing your hand with the paper on top of it. Starting with cardboard is a no go. I think I’m going to have to get a large sheet of paper and lay it on top and exacto-knife around it. Nah, I got it! sewing pattern paper! That’s the ticket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.