Ford Mustang Forum banner

Engine swap

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  145566 
#1 ·
Ive been contemplating on either engine swapping to a 5.0 and leaving it as is or rebuilding the 4.6 that’s currently in it and adding modifications to the engine. Any thoughts on what modifications would make a good engine setup with a cam and to future turbo it. Also if any other modifications that would also be necessary (transmission, axel, suspension, brakes)

Thank You.

#2 ·
Which 5.0, the new “coyote” or the old pushrod? Either way it’ll be kinda pricey. If it’s the old 5.0 it’ll be fairly slow unless you put a $3k+ top end on it. Even then it won’t all that fast.
Does your 4.6 not run? I don’t think there’s an abundance of “go fast” parts out there for the 4.6. The cheapest way to go fast would be a stockish rebuilt 4.6 and some sort of forced induction.

#6 · (Edited)
High 9’s in the 1/8 mile. Not the 1/4. It was one of the slower cars out there. Newer mustangs were running low 8 seconds and closer to 90 mph vs his 70 some odd mph. My ‘95 runs in the mid 8 second range and I would usually trap around 80 mph. I don’t remember exactly what he said his dynoed but it was under 300 at the wheels. This was a few years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.