Doh......a deer..a female deer - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003 Thread Starter

Doh......a deer..a female deer

two nights ago i hit a deer. i ruined all of the blinker lights and the head lights. What is the deal with the sn-95 head lights? They are a pain in the ass to get out. i ended up breaking all of the mounts. What should i do rig something up?

also any one want a black hood that may be able to salvage?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003
4.6L Member

YOU KILLED BAMBI!! YOU MONSTER!!!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003
4.6L Member

I killed bambi, didn't mess mine up too bad. Only about 2200 worth of work. I did most of the body work myself and found a cheap reliable painting place and kept a grand.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003
4.6L Member

Are the lights really that tought to take out? One of my side lights (drivers side) is out...

How's your paint now NoSlow5oh? Is it all peeling off?

I think if anything did that much damage to my car, I'd back up and finish it off.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003
4.6L Member

It really didn't do that much damage work wise, just went to the ford dealerships and custom car shops to get estimates for the insurance agency. I did most of the body work myself including taking the lights out, the headlight mounting panel, and the front bumper, and then replacing all of it with new parts. The bumper was the hardest to get on, because it is made of urethane, and I had to bend the brackets just right for it to fit snug against the metal fender.

The lights weren't that bad once I figured out how to get them out. Just took about 5-6 hours total to do it all. The only body part I didn't do was bending the lip of the fender where it stops by the hood back up an inch because I've never done this stuff before and didn't want to try to mess anything up.

I went to a little painting shop I have been to before that does great work real cheap. I had them bend the fender lip back up, paint the fender, the bumper, and install the lights and grille emblem, and they charged me $150 bucks. Its been about a year now since the work was done. The paint matches perfect and shines like new. Like I said I have been to them before and I have never had a problem with the quality of work they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page