One last kill for my 99. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003 Thread Starter

One last kill for my 99.

On Wednesday, I traded in my 99 Gt Coupe for a 02 GT vert. With summer fast approaching, I coundnt resist the temptation of having a drop top. I had about $3500 in mods in the 99 and was really pleased with how it was running, so it was hard to let it go but, but last Saturday, I did get one last kill in it.

I was coming home from work about 600pm and was following a mid 90's Acura Integra and I noticed his d**n trash can muffler hanging out the back. (I hate that!) I wasnt thinking much of it, and I was just cruising along when the road broke into four lanes and we were nose to nose at a stop light. I looked over at the car, now that I could get a side view, and noticed his attemps to make a racer out of it. Some decals in the quarter window and some OZ wheels.

As I looked up I notice that the guy had his girlfriend in the car with him and was carrying on a converation with her. At no time did he rev the rice rocket or look at me in any way. Crossing traffic began to go through the intersection and I was minding my own business, and then I started to notice him inching up on me. Confused at first, I thougt to my self, "there is not way he wants to go, is there?'

Trying to save him some embarrasment, I goosed my 4.6 a little and let the Mac offroad H and Flowmaster growl a little bit. He never looked at me once...just kept inching. By now he had about a quarter of a car on me. I noticed that the light was about to turn green, so just incase, I pulled her up to 2grand and prepared to dump the clutch.

Sure enough, it went green and his trash can started to rattle. So, I let mine go as well. I hit 6000 quickly with my 3.73's and threw the Pro 5.0 into 2nd. In a matter of feet I had this guy by 3 car lenghts. I granny shifted in to 3rd and pulled in front of him just to let him know how bad he got punked. Apparently, this was not enough for him because he screamed up behind me and took a left on the same street as I did. Still enjoying the first kill I had no problems giving him another shot. I took the corner in 1st and let him come up beside me again, and...smoked his a** again. The only bad part was that as we crested a hill, we met an officer of the law. At this point it was every man for himself. Luckily my appartment was only 3 blocks away so I quickly got her home and got her garaged. Lucky for me that I didnt get a ticket, Lucky for him that he didnt have to get whooped any more.

I know this was not a stellar kill and that there was no way he could have ever beat me. But it was that last kill in my old car, which was my first Mustang. That will be the one I wont forget!

Let the mods begin on the 02!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to 1998GT
lol nice kill!! Congrats on the new 02 stang, how do you like it??

~luke

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003
V6 Member

(Sigh) Those are the memories that last forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page