Late model 350 vs (302 or 4.6) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
I guess it all depends what years were talking about.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

[QUOTE=george hoyt]hay how good are the 95 police crown vick are 4.6 worth working with what can i do to make some deceant h.p.im new at the 4.6 dont know anything about them was thinking a bout building on to play with .what do think it is worth messing with, im a fe man.but willing to learn about the 4.6,s. what can i make out of this year of 4.6.or should i just junk it, and if i do rebuild it what should i do what parts are reliable and would make good h.p i plan on raceing it on weekends.im taking it out of the crown vick that was given me,and putting it in a 90 mustang.should i?.thanks ..sam:kooky: ]

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to jruppert Send a message via MSN to jruppert
If you are working with a 90 Mustang then I would definitely stick with a 5.0. The 4.6 sohc had 215 til 99 so your working with an engine that will cost you more to build up then a 5.0. If I had to work with a 4.6, I would start with changing heads, intake, cam over to 99 or newer. Then maybe throw on a blower. You have been givin a crown vic so in your situation it is a little different. If it were me, I would work with the 5.0

[email protected] (on old 302, no ET's on stroker yet)
'94 GT 347 Stroker, TFS stage 2 cam (.542 lift), AFR 185 heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 30 lb injectors, 77mm Pro-M, Fox Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, 255lph fuel pump, Mac fox style Long Tube headers, Tremec TKO, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears , Flowmaster 2 chamber, chrome Cobra R 17x9's, Steeda radiator, Eibach Sportline springs, Tweecer RT

'95.0 stang

The Police Interceptors, which are the crown vics the cops use, come with a 351 unless they're just the regular cab package. If it's a marked car it should have the 351 in it.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by '95.0 stang View Post
The Police Interceptors, which are the crown vics the cops use, come with a 351 unless they're just the regular cab package. If it's a marked car it should have the 351 in it.
No, By 1995 the Police Interceptor Crown Vic's had a 4.6 in them...Just has the P.I. heads.
'95.0 stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat85 View Post
No, By 1995 the Police Interceptor Crown Vic's had a 4.6 in them...Just has the P.I. heads.
You're absolutely right, but did you realize this post is 6 years old?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page