Best Mustang To Buy - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mell0 View Post
really not that many differences. i would just shoot for whatever you can find in the best condition/lowest miles. and im pretty sure mustangs do not come with sunroofs from the factory.
so true! dude im 18 and i bought my second mustang not to long ago its a 01 Gt( in pic) with 90000 miles but it was a steal for 5000$ tahts a big steal and it runs and revs like a beast. WARNING: the 04 Gts have a defferent exhaust O2 sensor setting. you got to find longer running wires for the mid pipe upgrade if u go o/r . no big deal though there all great. or a 96-98 cobra . there a bit more powerful, in the same price range and have great engines. variable cam timing and shite

2001 Mustang GT.Tropic Green ( SU ftw ), AM Cold Air Intake.75mm Throttlebody.accufab Plenum. Pypes Off road X pipe(ceramic coated to headers). J&M Lower control arms. 4.10 Gears. 93 octane sniper dyno tuned. 245 RWHP 287 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
4.6L Member

naturally since i have an 04, im partial but seriously, you will get about the same amount of hp out of any new edge gt (i think they rate the same). But like others have said, dont limit yourself

-happy hunting

2004 Mustang GT : SOLD
1986 Mustang GT
GT Member
4.6L Member

i go my gt for 9500 with 53000 on it,its loaded to.

03 GT SUPERCHARGED-SOLD
2010 FUSION SPORT
2000 F-350 7.3L SD

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

when did u get ur mustang because id say right now that its owrth alittle less than that and if i went out to find that right now i could prolly get that for alittle less, but if u bought that like last year than id say that would be a good deal u kno
Rookie

With a well maintained 96 4.6 at how many miles do you think problems would start to occur?
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatk32 View Post
With a well maintained 96 4.6 at how many miles do you think problems would start to occur?
Holy poop old thread.

Anyways there is really no telling when problems will come up. My dad once got a brand new Impala and the motor started to knock two weeks later. My 04 GT has 49k and gear fluid just started leaking and I just had to get the fuel tank pressure senor replaced and I don't really beat on my car or anything. I always say it comes down to the assembly line when the car was made.
PONY Member

get an 03 cobra cant go wrong lol

2.8 Pulley , MAC 3" Cat-back 3.5" tips
Apprentice

The break I period on a new car has a lot to do with issues later on. But that's nearly impossible to tell if the first owner thrashed it around for the first 3k miles or not. I bought my 2004 GT convertible 8 months ago. premium trim, 460 Mach audio, Completely stock and 60000 miles for $12k. Engine runs like its new still. Stock cars and clean cars are hard to come by in my town. The 03-04 mustangs don't use a temperature sensor on the intake, so when you buy a cold air intake. Some of them require you to drill a hole in the intake for that sensor for the older year models.
Rookie
4.6L Member

I have a 04 40th anniversary 4.6L of course it is a nice car! I love it I got mine for 8000, defiantly go for the anniversary so nice! Haven't had a single problem with it. You'll love it
Rookie

I wouldnt rush into anything if you have 10k cash to play around with.

for example

my first mustang was a white 01 gt. It had 76k miles and all the modifications you could think of. all the bolt ons 3.73 gears, it was cammed and a ******* beast overall i only payed 4100 for it.

now i have a 2000 mustang gt with 75k miles 3.73, flowmaster exhaust K&N intake and it runs and looks great. the leather is flawless along with the paint and payed 4800 bucks

you gotta look around, wait, amnd find an oppurtunity to negotiate because i talked both guys down from 8k

CASH TALKS
Apprentice

Lmao, I just noticed the thread is like 3 years old.. This guy probably already bought his Mustang and is about to trade it in for a new one after getting bored of it. XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page