Fast 1996 GT or other pi gt's slow at the track... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
4.6L Member

At the time when i ran that 15.2 i didnt have the diablo all i had was the CAI, flows, and the plenum, i havent been to the track since

I cant quite remember but im pretty positive that at the time my shocks/struts were all gone so do you think that might affect my time that much??? I was on street tires too (kumho ecsta ast 245/45/17 all around)

If those things really do effect my time that much what do you think i will run now, since then all the shocks/struts have been replaced with bilstiens, im running goodyear GS-D3's(245/45/17) in the front and 275/40/17 in the rear, i have also added the 3.90's, diablo tuner, 70mm TB, and the PP intake manifold.

2003 Mustang GT auto
Accufab 70mm TB and Plenum
BBK CAI
PP intake manifold
Flowmaster mufflers (no cats)
Diablo sport tune
Motive 3.90 gears
Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
If you have a good tune in it, then I would expect low 14's at the minimum. But mid-high 13's should be possible on that set-up if you get off the line ok.

I don't think the shocks/struts had that much of an affect on the time, if anything the tires had more to do with it.

Did you have someone make a custom tune for you on a dyno? or was it just a pre-loaded tune?

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)
Apprentice
4.6L Member

It was just a preloaded tune

2003 Mustang GT auto
BBK CAI
PP intake manifold
Diablo sport tune
Motive 3.90 gears

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

If you can get it tuned by a good diablo dealer or one that uses diablo products, the difference would be amazing, I think 20 HP minimum. And since you already have the tuner, they wouldn't charge you as much.

Ever heard of The Dyno Edge 505-299-3313? Its in Albuquerque, also Rocky Mountain Racing 505.263.6825, also there. They both support Diablo products for Fords.

I would give them a call and see what they would charge to dyno tune your car. They could also play with the tranny too.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003_GT View Post
At the time when i ran that 15.2 i didnt have the diablo all i had was the CAI, flows, and the plenum, i havent been to the track since

I cant quite remember but im pretty positive that at the time my shocks/struts were all gone so do you think that might affect my time that much??? I was on street tires too (kumho ecsta ast 245/45/17 all around)

If those things really do effect my time that much what do you think i will run now, since then all the shocks/struts have been replaced with bilstiens, im running goodyear GS-D3's(245/45/17) in the front and 275/40/17 in the rear, i have also added the 3.90's, diablo tuner, 70mm TB, and the PP intake manifold.
Don't wait for the green light to launch it takes a bit for the car to react so you don't red light. On a pro tree leave as soon as you see yellow. On a real tree the bottom yellow bulb should do the trick. If you wait for the green the best r/t you could possibly get is probably .200

91 GT Hatchback- 3.73 Posi, Flowmaster O/R H pipe, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Tremec TKO, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Center Line 15s, Upper & Lower Control Arms,Weld-on Subframe Connectors, Eibach Lowering Springs

03 GT Coupe- Roush CAI and Jack Roush classic shifter, 40 series mufflers, Hooker Long Tube Headers, Hooker O/R X pipe, Custom Tune
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerStang View Post
If you can get it tuned by a good diablo dealer or one that uses diablo products, the difference would be amazing, I think 20 HP minimum. And since you already have the tuner, they wouldn't charge you as much.

Ever heard of The Dyno Edge 505-299-3313? Its in Albuquerque, also Rocky Mountain Racing 505.263.6825, also there. They both support Diablo products for Fords.

I would give them a call and see what they would charge to dyno tune your car. They could also play with the tranny too.
Wow thanks alot for this info stalker i really apreciate it ill give them a call and see what they tell even if its just 20hp that good for me, plus it would be nice to see what numbers my gt puts to the wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliepnir16 View Post
Don't wait for the green light to launch it takes a bit for the car to react so you don't red light. On a pro tree leave as soon as you see yellow. On a real tree the bottom yellow bulb should do the trick. If you wait for the green the best r/t you could possibly get is probably .200
Yeah thats how i launch, i wait until the last yellow bulb turns on then i gun, i normally average around a .002-.011 reaction time

2003 Mustang GT auto
BBK CAI
PP intake manifold
Diablo sport tune
Motive 3.90 gears
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

No problem, I would be curious to see what they say, and if you go through with it, the before and after tune dyno numbers....

Good luck, and get back out there and get those times down

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quick4.6 thanks for the tip on shifting points...it does keep the engine at max hp when shifting into second-chirps the tires. By shifting into 2nd between 51-5300 rpm's it shows a .19 second difference to 60.

I've seen many stock gt's (pi) go 14-15's on that pass time show as well, but it's good to hear that's not the norm. For a second there I thought the pi's were overated-and that's the mustang I'm looking to trade up on.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetechnocrat View Post
Quick4.6 thanks for the tip on shifting points...it does keep the engine at max hp when shifting into second-chirps the tires. By shifting into 2nd between 51-5300 rpm's it shows a .19 second difference to 60.

I've seen many stock gt's (pi) go 14-15's on that pass time show as well, but it's good to hear that's not the norm. For a second there I thought the pi's were overated-and that's the mustang I'm looking to trade up on.
No problem Don't worry about the upgrade to the PI GT, if you pay attention to your shift points like you do on your non-PI GT, you'll be quicker than the average PI driver, with all that extra power to play with!

SOLD: PI Headed '98 GT - 248rwhp/306rwtq - [email protected] (2.0 60ft 3300+ DA)

'11 TDI Sportwagen - 50 mpg Daily Driver - Not Quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page