Not Head Gaskets..Heater core - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Smile Not Head Gaskets..Heater core

So the two shop that I took it to told me it was the Head gaskets . WRONG! i took it to the Dealer and its the Intake Gasket and Heater Core. I previously posted two threads asking advice on the gaskets. The good news is that the Intake is still under warrenty! Question is How hard is it to do the Heater Core? Anyone have pictures or a good wed site that I can see the procedure to do it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009
4.6L Member

.........PM sent.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Doing the heater core is not a fun job, most of the dash has to come out to get to it. I don't remember the thread you mention, but what convinced them the heater core needs to be replaced?

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to stlcap5 Send a message via Yahoo to stlcap5 Send a message via Skype™ to stlcap5
I just said the hell with my heater core and just bypassed the whole system...but depends on if you want heat in your car and you want your defrosters to work...if not then just bypass it lol...if you do then get it replaced

01 "Fobra GT" Auto: Flowmaster Super 40's with no tailpipes,SLP Custom O/R X-Pipe,Custom Tune by BBR[B], TrickFlow Intake Plenum,TrickFlow 75MM Throttle Body,JLT CAI,Mach 1 Grille Delete w/ Cobra Grille Emblem[SIZE=2],17" 03/04 OEM Gunmetal Cobra Wheels,Cobra Fender Emblems,SVT [SIZE=3]Rear Emblem[SIZE=2]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
heater core

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page