2001 Bullitt Suspension and tire combo - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

2001 Bullitt Suspension and tire combo

I'm starting to play around with some ideas on what springs and size tires I wanna order for my Bullitt. I've got a set of Anthrasite DD bullitts sitting in my closet waiting for some shoes to put on, 18 x 9's for the front and 18 x 10's for the rear. I figure while i'm at it I might as well drop the car some more from the stock 3/4" drop to get rid of any gaps. So throw some ideas out there to how I can really make this car look mean with a good combination of the two, what size tires and how much drop?

I am the proudest member of the FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2010, Whoop!! Thanks and Gig Em

-2001 Dark Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #3064,
Vortech Charged 32V. 533 rwhp, 456 ft-lb @ 15 psi boost

-1969 Mustang Grande: House fire, RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009
Snackmaster

Just an FYI... I have DD 18x10 out back with 285/35s and 18x9 in front with 265/35s and love the look. I have FMS springs sitting in my garage that I haven't installed yet and they'll roughly give me a 1" all around drop.

Once I run the rubber off of these I'll most likely be heading towards a 315 out back.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I have 17x10.5's with 315/35's on the back, 17x9's with 275/40's for the front. I've picked up H&R SuperSport springs and Bilstein shocks, just waiting on the front struts and caster camber plates to get here now. I've seen quite a few with SuperSports, and they look great.

Another spring that's not as well known, but raved about by those who have them are the Vogtlands. Seems that everyone that has them swears by them over everything else they've had. Might be worth checking out also.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Ya i think i'll be going with the H&R Super sport springs for sure, i really like the height they lower to. On the tires, i was thinking about maybe 245 35's on the front and 285 40's for the rear. Just as long as i won't have any rubbing issues.

I am the proudest member of the FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2010, Whoop!! Thanks and Gig Em

-2001 Dark Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #3064,
Vortech Charged 32V. 533 rwhp, 456 ft-lb @ 15 psi boost

-1969 Mustang Grande: House fire, RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page