Went Racing! Good Kills but I want more!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Went Racing! Good Kills but I want more!!!

Best 1/8 Mile Time was the last run-
RT--------------.534
60ft.------------2.486
ET/[email protected] 72MPH

This the first time Ive ever raced.
I did get a .504 and I usualy was about 75ish MPH.

It was usually a game of try to get through 1st with all the spinning and wheel hop and catch up/ pass in 2nd and 3rd. I think i have the power but not enough traction.

Ill have about $400-$500 next week on pay day.
Whats the best way to lower 60ft's???
Whats the best U/L Control Arms?
Are Nittos DR + Rims to mount worth it?

KILLS-
G35 Coupe
95 Cobra w/ a lot of nice Mods
Cobalt SS
VW w/ Turbo
Some sort of S13
New Charger R/T

2000 MUSTANG GT
-300hp & 365ftlb Est // Dynoed at 253rwhp 309ftlb
-T45RSS Built by John Reggio // Baer 13in. Track Claw // Koni Shocks and Struts// Eibach Sportlines // Ford Racing Upper & Maximum Motorsport Lower Control Arms // Ford Racing '95 Cobra Rs // Toyos // Ram HDX Clutch // Ford Racing 4.10s // CAI & BBK 75mm TB // BBK Catted X-pipe // Hooker Aero Chambers // Custom Tuned using SCT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009
PONY Member

the best to lower your 60' is to lower your rt. it just takes practice.

2008 mustang gt, vista blue, c.a.i, muffler delets, hid's, and the eleanor grill.

I dont go fast, I go faster....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

but my reaction is near perfect tho.

i think different tracks like to do that in two different ways... .004 vs .504 they mean the same thing for the .5 or a sec it takes for your eyes to react and then your body.

2000 MUSTANG GT
-T45RSS Built by John Reggio // Baer 13in. Track Claw // Koni Shocks and Struts// Eibach Sportlines // Ford Racing Upper & Maximum Motorsport Lower Control Arms // Ford Racing '95 Cobra Rs // Toyos // Ram HDX Clutch // Ford Racing 4.10s // CAI & BBK 75mm TB // BBK Catted X-pipe // Hooker Aero Chambers // Custom Tuned using SCT

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Reaction time DOES NOT affect your times at all, 60ft or otherwise, so improving your reaction time won't affect anything after that. The only time 60ft times come into play is when you're actually racing, you can beat someone with a faster time by treeing them at the light. You cross the line first, but their times were better.

Best way to lower 60ft times? Practice Practice Practice first, your 60 fts are kind of slow, try getting down to 2.2 or better on street tires. After that, 4.10 gears and drag radials will help a lot.

Best lower control arms for me have been the Megabite SRs. Traction even with crappy Sumitomos was greatly improved. Upper control arms are debatable, concentrate on build quality, and if you get double adjustables and have your pinion angle set at -3 to -4 degrees, and let it rip.

If they are just track tires, on spare rims, get the M/T drag radials, tons better than the Nittos. BFGs are also better than Nittos, but the M/Ts are definately a world above both.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

yea i firgured half the battle was me just getting more practice.

what do you guys think would be the best rpm to launch at w/ my 275 street tires?

2000 MUSTANG GT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Depends a lot on the traction available at the track, but I tend to get my best 60ft's on street tires launching at around 3500ish rpm and slipping the clutch a bit to control wheel spin. You want them to chirp a little, but not just spin all the way out.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

see i think it may be half the track too. its a stadium parking lot converted on friday nights once or twice a month for 1/8 drag.

And thanks, Ill try to slip the clutch a little more. I was launching at 2500 and then be fairly easy on the pedal but there was nothing but pure tire spin and wheel hop.

2000 MUSTANG GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page