Just bought first mustang, need some advice for bolt ons? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009 Thread Starter

Just bought first mustang, need some advice for bolt ons?

I just switched over from a 1998 audi a4, and bought a 2002 mustang GT. It has a 2003 GT motor in it with 35k miles from a salvage yard, and the whole thing was put together by a ford mustang tech. Its got pretty much everything I could ask for right outta the gate. Black ext. with black leather int. 2003 Black powdercoated cobra oem ford rims. Steeda gauges,springs,shifter,shocks. New clutch, goodyear hoses,brakes,red optima batt. All options inclue. tractions control, power everything. Mac cold air intake,mac off road exhaust h pipe,flowmaster cat back.Has ford racing 3.73 gears. All fluids are fresh I'm getting to go visit the guy who sold it to me, and his friend, who own a dyno shop, and said he would hook me up with a performance/tuning chip + tune for $200 flat.
All I'm looking to know, is besides a supercharger or nitrous, what can I do to get up to or around 700hp? Or are those really the only options to gain a majority of power? Also, What tires should I look into buying? I hear good things about Nitto? I have about 5k to spend. Thanks in advance guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
700hp?! you are going to need a super/turbocharger or nitrous. even a 4v can't make that power staying normally aspirated. if you want that kind of power you are looking at a completely new car. new engine (block, rotating assembly, heads, cams... the list goes on), trans, suspension pretty much everything.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009 Thread Starter

thats what I thought... but I figured i'd ask just to see maybe I was missing something. Its definitely going to be a slow and gradual process, but eventually I would like to reach 700. I'd say right now I'll throw on some nitrous with a tune, swap my plugs for some colder ones? and run that. Then eventually either buy a supercharger or a turbo, and start buiding the block from there...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
4.6L Member

I say supercharge, if youve got 5k to drop
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

+ 1 Supercharger. You're are gonna like the new stang. It will make your unit bigger.

Cruising the misinformation superhighway in a Terminator.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

If you want 700hp, start saving up for a built shortblock. The stock block can't handle anywhere near that amount of power, it starts bending and breaking stuff (mainly rods and piston lands) around 425 rwhp. Don't forget to factor that expense in to the plan.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member

+ 1 Supercharger. Go to Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle and get one.

If you really want to spend 5K that's the way to go and you would be getting as much power as the stock motor can handle.

Black 2001 GT 4.6L 5-Speed
H-Pipe, FlowMasters, K&N Drop-in
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009 Thread Starter

can any of you think of some stuff that I can invest in that will help keep stuff together and in good shape motor wise once I start putting up some bigger numbers? New motor mounts? I want to make sure I have every necessary thing that's going to keep the car running strong and smooth. What else should I buy if I'm going to buy some nitrous?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009 Thread Starter

I also just realized the guy made the car into a complete terminator clone haha. It has black SVT powdercoated rims, and svt badges on it. So I'm going to have to go all out and make it a true 700hp terminator clone eventually.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

200 for a tune and dyno damn thats a great price lol .arent u the lucky one. you pretty much got it all. i forgot if it was on the list or not but did you get aggresive cams in there. if not that might help ,by "might" i mean it will...a lot

2001 Mustang GT.Tropic Green ( SU ftw ), AM Cold Air Intake.75mm Throttlebody.accufab Plenum. Pypes Off road X pipe(ceramic coated to headers). J&M Lower control arms. 4.10 Gears. 93 octane sniper dyno tuned. 245 RWHP 287 RWTQ
Rookie

supercharger, hopefully you will here it enough and you'll do it. do some research see which one you like and go for it. when i got finished installing mine i new i didnt make a bad decision. no if ands or buts you will be pleased. plus you all ready got that dyno on the way so might as well make it worth your while.

Black 03 GT,slp exhaust w/ painted black tips, c&l plenum, 75mm TB, NGK-TR6 spark plugs, p1sc procharger,8#s boost,2 core intercooler, 39.5# cobra injectors, diablo predator tuner, diablo M.A.F.I.A., 3.73 gears, svt focus fuel pump, mach 1 chin spoiler, mach 1 grill delete, 8" shorty antenna, black headlight covers....
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Get a KB Supercharger, Nitrous with window switch, hotter cams, might as well get full bolt on too while your at it. and if you are going to shoot for serious horsepower like that get all forged internals. you do not need 700hp to make some serious times at the track though.

99 Mustang GT (9.2 second 1/8th no spray)

Rebuilding!! forged manley rods--forged piston--Trick flow twisted wedge heads --trick flow stage 2 cams-- Pypes Long Tube -- pypes shorty H -- flowmaster cat back--comp cam valve springs-- A/C Delete -- PP Typhoon intake manifold-- ford racing 4.10's-- upper and lower control arms-- NOS Sniper kit (wet) --
PONY Member
5.0L Member

cams and a supercharger with full bolt on and you already have gears so you would be set and you should be in the 11's then if it still aint enough build it then spray it

04 GT: Built MMR 900 shortblock with trickflow heads and custom cams,vortech T-Trim intercooled @10psi,longtubes, all the bolt ons sct 2600 maf 60lb injectors, dual 03/04 cobra pumps with tank..you get the idea... dynoed at 476rwhp and 438rwtq on a concervative tune Next: Snow Performance Meth Injection Kit and More BOOST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page