thinking about adding a procharger - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Cool thinking about adding a procharger

I have a 1997 mustang gt and i am thinking about adding a procharger setup to my car . does anyone have any suggestions on this? has anyone used one? and what would i have to do to my engine? if anything? Any answers will be appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009
Snackmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnettdr View Post
I have a 1997 mustang gt and i am thinking about adding a procharger setup to my car . does anyone have any suggestions on this? has anyone used one? and what would i have to do to my engine? if anything? Any answers will be appreciated! Thanks

ATI makes very good superchargers so I think the Procharger is a great choice!

How many miles do you have on the Stang? Any other mods? If it were me I'd make sure I rebuilt the bottom end so you can run a safe amount of boost and not worry about grenading the engine. Email the guys at Procharger and see what they recommend. I don't know if the kits come with upgraded fuel pumps, injectors, etc. but those will all be things to consider.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009
Rookie

procharger is a good choice, if you get the p1sc system you will get cobra injectors and a chip or tuner with it as well along with the oil and everything you need to get it running. i am pretty sure you can get a fuel pump with it, i didnt because i had one allready. if you stick with 8psi you will make some good numbers and wont need to rebuild the bottom end once you get to 10+ psi you will want to start looking at your internals. i love my procharger and its very easy to install. takes a little time but you can save money by having a friend give you a hand and doing it yourself the instructions the send are very good and walk you right through the install. hopefully i helped you out some.

Black 03 GT,slp exhaust w/ painted black tips, c&l plenum, 75mm TB, NGK-TR6 spark plugs, p1sc procharger,8#s boost,2 core intercooler, 39.5# cobra injectors, diablo predator tuner, diablo M.A.F.I.A., 3.73 gears, svt focus fuel pump, mach 1 chin spoiler, mach 1 grill delete, 8" shorty antenna, black headlight covers....

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
do itttt. mines getting dynoed this week!

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

I have 120k on the car the only mods that i know of are a k&n filter flowmaster 40series catback exhaust dumped in front of the axle.

I have looked into maybe getting a forged rotating assembly.

I have also looked into doing a pi swap and new cams.

Im new into mustangs i was a chevy guy before i drove my buddies 03 Terminator so any suggestions for building massive hp and torque helps.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009
Rookie

well if you get new internals your block will withstand a lot of hp... up to or over 600hp(correct me if im wrong). but if your gunna do all that then you might not want the p1sc cus your engine will be able to handle so much more so look at the d1sc

Black 03 GT,slp exhaust w/ painted black tips, c&l plenum, 75mm TB, NGK-TR6 spark plugs, p1sc procharger,8#s boost,2 core intercooler, 39.5# cobra injectors, diablo predator tuner, diablo M.A.F.I.A., 3.73 gears, svt focus fuel pump, mach 1 chin spoiler, mach 1 grill delete, 8" shorty antenna, black headlight covers....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

so if i would wanna just rering it and put new bearings in it the p1sc would be nice?
They promise like 55-80% hp gains is that true
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

how long do you think the stock motor would last if i put the p1sc on it the motor has 120k
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009
Rookie

as for the miles and how long it will last im not sure but someone will help you on that one but with all my mods im sitting at 370 hp and that was on a day with 90% humidity so i hope that answers the question. plus all i would have to do with the procharger to get more boost is change the pulley on it.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

thanks devil dogg that answers my question your stang would have had 260hp stock right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page