Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

275 tires on 17x8 stock rims

24K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  MIDO1213 
#1 ·
guys , i hope yall doing good.

i wanna put 275 tires (rear) , and 245 (front). the question is what brand should i go with ?
as i hear everyone recommend Nitto which will cost me over $650 , but i got a deal on the new BFG new tires called g-Force Sport and that will cost me almost $600.
the guy at discounttires recommended the new BFG's, but I'd like yall input .

i appreciate it

#30 ·
well since i just read every word of this post i would like to throw my experience in here. a friend and i both have the same exact 275 nittos on the back, but i have a 17x9 and he has the 17x8. he hooks okay at the strip, but he says in daily driving he feels uncomfortable with the tires because like everyone keeps on saying its way too much tire for the rim. and it does wear funny, you just have to play with the tire pressures to get the tire to sit right, that was another complaint he had about it. however with me, i hook great at the track and feel confident going into corners hard. the tires actually suprised me with how stable they are launching, high speeds, and cornering. i'm hooked i guess:laugh:

#34 ·
well since i just read every word of this post i would like to throw my experience in here. a friend and i both have the same exact 275 nittos on the back, but i have a 17x9 and he has the 17x8. he hooks okay at the strip, but he says in daily driving he feels uncomfortable with the tires because like everyone keeps on saying its way too much tire for the rim. and it does wear funny, you just have to play with the tire pressures to get the tire to sit right, that was another complaint he had about it
How does he feel uncomfortable? I've had and driven many stangs and my curent 275/40/17 rear setup is the widest tire I've run (excluding Drag Slicks) and there's no ill effects on the 17X8 rim.
I just replaced the Nitto 555's with a fresh set in the back, I'll say one thing they wear in the middle no matter what air pressure I chose and that set only yielded me 9K miles with NO Brakestand burnouts etc.. So in that respect I agree their a detriment! I'd say the perfect size tire for that rim is the 255/45/17.

#31 ·
so with all the garbeltigoop in here listen to the ppl... if you want wide tires... get wider rims... the 10.5 is perfect for the rear and guess what you can run a 275!!! lol ok as for the tire brand i know ppl swear by nittos but from my experience if you are driving your car offten they wear super super fast i only got 7500 out of mine... yes i do DRIVE but i didnt like them...
Kumho has a new tire out that i will be getting when i order my new 10.5 deep dish rims for my rear end Kumho Ecsta XS or of course if you order from AM those sumis dont look too bad for the price either
but yeah listen the biggest you should go on a 8 is a 255

#33 ·
The passion!!!! one thing have to admit MUSTANG OWNERS definitely have there opinions and are ready in true fashion to give them to you when you ask, (and sometimes when you dont ask). Go with what ever you feel fits your taste.

#36 ·
275's on an 8" rim is stupid, irresponsible, and looks horrible. If you want a 275, get a 9" rim, period.

My vote goes for 10.5" wide rims and 315/35's. No spacers, none of that crap. Just check and make sure the parking brake lines aren't rubbing, if they are, adjust the bracket a little, and have fun. 315/35/17 is the perfect size for a Mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.