performance or cosmetic? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: performance or cosmetic?
performance 20 60.61%
cosmetic 1 3.03%
spend half my money on each 12 36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

personally performance first...but then again have a sleeper is kinda fun...any random person thinks they can beat you, then u smash that pedal to the floor and you hear the people in the car your racing go "HOLLY S**T"...plus i agree with oneFASTmustang, Its wayyyyy better to have someone say "holly $#!T this thing is fast"

2000 3.8l v6 mustang...red... CAI,....work in progress....my very FIRST CAR!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

yeah, i know what your talking about.

all the people i hang around with either drive 4 banger cars or hondas, and when i pull up in my mustang they already think its the fastest car in the world.

GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
I say both. Fix the tail lights and whatever else needs a facelift and throw in some 4.10's and maybe a tune. You might even have some cash leftover for something else and your car would be a different animal.

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

a quick update since this thread is dying..

since i posted this thread, i have replaced the ricer taillights with brand new oem !!!RED!!!, not chrome, taillights!

i have also thrown out the old nasty headlights and put in crystal clear new ones.

in the way of performance, i have replaced a worn out idler pulley, and the 160k mile old serp. belt. not much for performance, but drags less on the engine, got to be worth 1/2 a HP .

i might be doing cams soon. any advice on what cams i should do?

i want a deep rumbling sound, but not much loss in low end torque as you'll see with high duration cams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
cosmetic , mustang , performance , sn95.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page