cd changer error - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

cd changer error

I got a 01 gt with the mach system(6cd changer deck) and the cd will not eject.. gives error message... any solutions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

take it out and take it apart put it back together hope it will work, or do what i did which is take the pos out of the car lay it on the floor and reinacted the sceen from office space where they destroy the copy machine but do it with your radio and then buy a new cd and radio, one with gps

2004 Mustang SVT (GT conversion)
5spd, KnN CAI kit, Accufab 75mm TB & Plenum, Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter, Steeda Underdrive Pullies, Magnaflow Magnapacks catback, Bassani Mid-lenght headers, Dr. Gas o/r X-pipe, Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10 Ford Raceing Gears, SCT 4 Bank Custome Chip, Custom Roush Shaker, MM Subframe Connectors, Tokico Struts.
2005 Harley Davidson Custom Roadster 1200
Orange with Blue flames... WAR EAGLE!!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Pull the radio fuse, and on initial power-up, it should eject for you. Mine did anyways....

I've noticed on mine that as long as I don't put a CD in slot 1, it works fine. If I have a CD in slot 1, that's when all the problems start.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

thanks i'll try that
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Mine acts up as well. I stopped using slot 1 as well but I think the last time I used the changer slot 2 did the same thing. Luckily I've always been able to get the CD out though. Had the car out from the end of March until the middle of Oct. this year and I think I only used the CD changer 3 or 4 times . I think when mine got stuck I selected another slot, then went back to the first slot (where the CD is stuck in), and quick hit eject before the error message could come up. Good luck.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009
PONY Member

Hit the eject button, when the door opens up take a playing card (or reasonable facsimile) stick it in the slot on top of the stuck cd. You may have to move it around and do the old in and out a little. All my stuck ones always popped out after this.

Skip

2002 GT MG Vert
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

yeah this happens to me too, the cd is stuck in the thing and you gotta push it in slightly with something thin and it will spit it out.

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing

Last edited by jim293; 11-27-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Clean up
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009
Rookie

My CD player is doing the same thing. I removed removed the CD player, took all the CD's out, reinstalled the unit and it still says that all six CD's are in the head unit! WTF? I will try pulling the raido fuse but if that does not work I guess it will be time for a new head unit. Any recommendations for a good aftermarket headunit?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I just bought the Clarion NX409 DVD/Navigation headunit, and for the price, it's great!!!! Double Din like the factory radio, so it looks good in there, Nav works great, DVD quality is decent, and you can get them for around $500 if you look around.

Highly recommended unit, especially for the price.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
I just bought the Clarion NX409 DVD/Navigation headunit, and for the price, it's great!!!! Double Din like the factory radio, so it looks good in there, Nav works great, DVD quality is decent, and you can get them for around $500 if you look around.

Highly recommended unit, especially for the price.
Was it an easy swap or did you redo the entire system? I may have to look it nto that.

Skip

2002 GT MG Vert
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
Check out the audio section maybe someone will have some answers.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats02 View Post
Hit the eject button, when the door opens up take a playing card (or reasonable facsimile) stick it in the slot on top of the stuck cd. You may have to move it around and do the old in and out a little. All my stuck ones always popped out after this.
+1

Do what gnats02 said this is what I had to do ONCE in my 03 GT.

DONT TAKE APART YOUR MACH STEREO SYSTEM.

MY PONIES

2000 White Ford Mustang V6 (Auto) SOLD
2003 White Ford Mustang GT (5-Speed) SOLD
2003 White Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Vert (6-speed) "Oreo"
2003 Black Ford Mustang Mach 1 (5-speed) "Black Knight" SOLD
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats02 View Post
Was it an easy swap or did you redo the entire system? I may have to look it nto that.
It was actually really easy. Buy the installation kit, and make sure they give you the right wiring harness for the Mach 460, it should have a set of RCA's in it, if it doesn't it's the wrong one. Most of the wiring colors match up, then just unplug the old radio, and plug in the new one, and put it all back together. An hour job at the most, and really rewarding afterwards.

GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Foxx88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent5.0 View Post
take it out and take it apart put it back together hope it will work, or do what i did which is take the pos out of the car lay it on the floor and reinacted the sceen from office space where they destroy the copy machine but do it with your radio and then buy a new cd and radio, one with gps
Whatever you do, don't take it apart. There are tiny gears, springs, and screws in there that require small tools. Tools that the average person doesn't really have anyway.

"Everything one does in life, occurs in an express train racing toward death. Street racing is one of them"

"The ignore option is the greatest tool any forum can have. I'm surprised its not worn out as often as it is used by the wise"
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Melt it down to slag and use as a paperweight. Or introduce it to Mr Baseball Bat.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page