good place to get axles and a dif or a spec stage 1 clutch?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

good place to get axles and a dif or a spec stage 1 clutch??

so my plans right now are to get a new clutch and then rebuild the rear end. found a spec stage 1 clutch from american muscle for $224 is there anywhere else i can get this cheaper or even a better clutch? and then i found at latemodelrestoration they had a rear end kit that includes moser axles studs and ford racing 31 spline diff all for $479 thats a pretty good price but if anyone has seen it cheaper please let me know. thanks!

"Let me get this straight ... your honda has 1.8 liters where as my mountain dew has 2?"

"Hondas are like cigarettes everybody who is cool smokes them!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009
Banned
4.6L Member

so my plans right now are to get a new clutch and then rebuild the rear end. found a spec stage 1 clutch from american muscle for $224 is there anywhere else i can get this cheaper or even a better clutch? and then i found at latemodelrestoration they had a rear end kit that includes moser axles studs and ford racing 31 spline diff all for $479 thats a pretty good price but if anyone has seen it cheaper please let me know. thanks!

Spec makes a great clutch. a couple things to know about it: 1. hates stop and go traffic 2. its either in or out, very little room for slipping it (sounds worse than it is, it is just not meant to be slipped) 3. NEEDS to be broken in properly 4. will pretty much take all the abuse you throw at it under like 375hp or something like that

thats a great price for both everything. ive seen 279 for axles about standard which is good it think. and if your redoing the rear end, id say opt for the eaton 31 spline. its on Summitt for 429. has no discs and will not wear out in your life time. thats the diff i recommend.

but if your just going up to 31 and dont mind staying with the disc set up then thats a good price. but again, the eaton will deliver better power distribution during cornering and allow to go faster with more control than the normal LSD set up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page