anyone know a 1998 GT horsepower with few mods - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

anyone know a 1998 GT horsepower with few mods

the only mods i got are a MAC o/r h-pipe welded with SLP LM1 resonators and a bbk cold air intake the car only has 52k miles so any estimates would really help thanks everyone

98 Mustang Gt vert mods BBK CAI, MAC o/r H-pipe, SLM LM1 Resonators SOLD!
96 Mustang Cobra Battery relocation kit, 4.10 ford racing gears, bbk long tube headers, bbk x pipe, flowmaster 40 series SOLD!
99 Mustang GT hooker long tube headers, Custom X-pipe, Pypes Violators, MAC CAI, accufab throttle body, throttle body spacer, typhoon aluminum intake manifold, steeda race wing, aluminum racing pullies, ford racing 4.10s, 3500 torque converter, SCT Tuner coming in 6/29/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member

185high end whp you are 220 base and figuer the exaust add's maybe10-15 and cai like 2 so i would say 185to the wheel

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

okay well i was trying to find out cuz a friend of mine is getting a car and i think its a 95 z28 so i need to find what would give me some good hp to be able to beat him

96 Mustang Cobra Battery relocation kit, 4.10 ford racing gears, bbk long tube headers, bbk x pipe, flowmaster 40 series SOLD!
99 Mustang GT hooker long tube headers, Custom X-pipe, Pypes Violators, MAC CAI, accufab throttle body, throttle body spacer, typhoon aluminum intake manifold, steeda race wing, aluminum racing pullies, ford racing 4.10s, 3500 torque converter, SCT Tuner coming in 6/29/11

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

A lot more than what you've got. That's an LT1 car, which stock for stock is right there with the PI cars. So I would say it would either take you forced induction or a PI swap to keep up with him, and then add some more if he mods the LT1.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

i gotta start saving cuz i know its gonna be more than just a few dollars to do that

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcromer09 View Post
i gotta start saving cuz i know its gonna be more than just a few dollars to do that
as said start with the pi swap its really cheap like under 5 on ebay but even thien he will take ya id say as bullit said go f/i ireally wish i did i would have the same numbers and whole lot left to do and the cheap stuff. im outta cheap stuf to do other than suspention

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

ok but how would i "f/i" my mustang

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I think he meant add a power adder. If you just want to outrun him, add a 100 shot of nitrous and call it a day.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

ok well i know this is gonna sound kinda dumb but whats forced induction n how do i do this to my stang?

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

forced induction is a supercharger or turbo kit. Big money and about 8-10 hours of your time if you're a competent mechanic.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

ok n which would you prefer?

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I don't mean to be an a-hole, but if you have to ask questions like that, you're not ready for either one. Do a lot of reading, research, and comparison, and make that choice on your own. I always recommend that people start out small before they go big, and no matter what, supercharging a car is going big.

Unfortunately, the old saying holds true to Mustangs usually: "If you have to ask..............."

I think you should do a PI swap first, and get your hands dirty, learn a little bit, have fun, and don't worry about outrunning anyone but yourself. There's always going to be people faster than you, but there's always going to be people slower. It's what you learn along the way that's important, and you've got to crawl before you can run.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

alright well thanks anyway bullitt

Rookie
4.6L Member

I've been told we have forged pistons and that wont work too well with nitro. Like I said thats what I've been told. Forced Air is what I'm thinking but it will when the weather warms up and save up a llittle more.
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie201 View Post
I've been told we have forged pistons and that wont work too well with nitro. Like I said thats what I've been told. Forced Air is what I'm thinking but it will when the weather warms up and save up a llittle more.
the 03-04 have forged pistons, rods and crank. i belive the other years have just a forged crank. but the 4.6 gt is not forged any of it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page