FINALLY getting my 3.73 gears installed next week - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009 Thread Starter
Banned
4.6L Member

Thumbs up FINALLY getting my 3.73 gears installed next week

ok so i got these gears like 4 months ago or something and im finall getting around to getting these things installed. along with new tires and new rear wheel bearings. also an alignment. so my car will ride so much better, have far less road noise, and be a bit quicker too. im excited to see how these gears feel. the steepest gears ive driven is 3.27's. im excited.

but, im not getting my exhaust done so thats sad. for now anyways. but ill get it done when i get my new suspension next month!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Cool man, Im sure you will like those gears, make a nice diff on take off. Remember to use your tuner to adjust the speedometer for the gears.

-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

You'll love the gear man. One of the biggest changes I've made was the gears, the biggest change that makes me enjoy driving the car was the panhard bar though.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member

you will love the gear man. I went with 3.73 and wouldnt have changed a thing!

2002 Black GT with 39,xxx miles, BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R Xpipe, BBK CAI, BBK 75mm Throttle body, C&L Plenum, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, SCT handheld tune and 17x10.5 Wrapped in NITTO 555R Drag Radials, MGW Short throw......2002 SC1 Saturn for my Daily Driver
"Nitrous is like a Hot Chick with an STD, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009 Thread Starter
Banned
4.6L Member

You'll love the gear man. One of the biggest changes I've made was the gears, the biggest change that makes me enjoy driving the car was the panhard bar though.

hey glad your on. wanted to tell you im going with the MGW shifter. and im excited. i really want that new diff though. the eaton discless one. witht he 31 spline. i think mine is wearing out.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

awsome man sounds like you have allot of work goin on. but ya enjoy the gears you a 5 speed right?? be chirpen broadeis all over

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

Yeah man that is one thing I miss about my old 97. I had the 3.73s in it and now I have the stock 3.27s and it drives me nuts every time I push the gas.

You going to do the rear differential and axles while you are in there putting the 3.73s in, correct? There's no need in taking everything apart twice.

03 Mach 1: New toy
00 Kenne Bell GT vert: Sold
04 Sonic Blue GT: Missed
96 GT: First. Sold.

06 F250 6.0L 4x4: Studded, EGR delete, IDP tunes, 5" Straight pipe, S&B CAI
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010 Thread Starter
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sonicbluegt View Post
Yeah man that is one thing I miss about my old 97. I had the 3.73s in it and now I have the stock 3.27s and it drives me nuts every time I push the gas.

You going to do the rear differential and axles while you are in there putting the 3.73s in, correct? There's no need in taking everything apart twice.

yeah i am excited. im not doing the differential yet. i will be doing it before winter finishes.

before winter ends, ill have: new koni yellows, h&r races, 3.73's, eaton diff with 31 spline axles, front sway bar, mgw shifter. probably new seats and harnesses and an aluminum flywheel.

oh and when i get my gears in there, im getting a set of dyno pulls, so i finally know where im at. ill keep yal up to date on that too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page