The truth behind throttle body and plenums... with dyno charts - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
4.6L Member

great thread shorties... i was searching for a throttle body and plenum ..i was thinking on going with the Accufab 75mm Throttle Body & Plenum Combo but they posted on their selling add (Perfect for heavily modified or supercharged Mustangs, this generously sized 75mm throttle body and plenum opens up the intake flow to give your engine the air it needs to make more power. Not intended for stock and mildly modified GT's as they do not flow enough air to benefit from the larger 75mm Throttle Body.) but i read your guyses expiriences with the 75 and you guys say it works great on a non supercharge mustang so i think im going with this combo or should i go with c&L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie
4.6L Member

I have a 2003 gt and i put a roush intake on it, im looking at putting a new throttle body on it so what size should i go with, the 75mm? and what size intake should i have to get the most gains?

Banned
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 1976oifwarvet Send a message via Skype™ to 1976oifwarvet
so does any one have a professional opinion about tb and plenums. its not rocket science. FFS people do your damn homework. in the end its all about what your willing to buy and afford for your money. :p

Rookie
4.6L Member

How does the Stack Racing intake and plennum compare to the big boys? I saw this part on AM and was told it is a very inferior product and you get what you pay for....
Tks
PONY Member
5.0L Member

thank you for posting this... any idea how trick flow 75mm and plenum would affect a N/A 99 gt... eventually *hopefully* by this summer it will have stage 2 comp cams and trick flow heads

Dark Satin Green 1999 GT
| SCT | K&N | Accufab | B&M | H&R | MM | Flows | Mac | FRPP | Nitto |

Yes, I do hate BBK
Rookie

BBK 78MM Throttle/plenum

Great thread, just wanted to throw in my 2Cents on the bbk 78MM throttle plenum combo, i installed mine yesterday and saw a SIGNIFICANT increase in acceleration off the line and what feels like a HUGE low end torque gain.

I have a 98 GT with BBK underdrives Mac o/f X Flowmaster 40's MSD Packs Roush 9mm wires a Diablo Predator 93 octane tune with no adjustment and just a MAF adapter for a 25$ cone as an intake my little NPI 4.6 has been running around on GTO's and Camaro's here in vegas especially since the underdrives, but with the Throttle plenum i put in yesterday last nite i took her out for some fun just drove around racing with a few friends i saw HUGE gains across the board, I personally would say its definitly worth the money especially without any other adjustments the car runs significantly better the only dislike i have is for some reason with it on my idle went from about 820 rpm to 660rpm both relativly smooth.

Pix in my profile sorry they are kinda crappy.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Have you heard anything about BBK's Throttle Intake? It's a two for one plenum and throttle body, 78MM. I'm debating whether to get that or two separate bolts on (the throttle and plenum).

NOW: 1994 Mustang GT convertible, Forest Green, 60k ORIGINAL MILES! Flowmaster Super 40s and a Spectre CAI Filter Only.

THEN: 2003 Mustang GT "Black Betty"- Daily driver
K&N CAI, Magnapacks, Rear cats deleted, and all the potential in the world

PONY Member
4.6L Member

my c&L and 75tb from roush gained me a whopping 3 rwhp lol

01 Gt Vert 4r70w

[4.30's][ bullitt intake]
[Flow's 40 series][ BBK H PIPE <-- Dont buy]
[stock tq converter ][Sct Canned 93 tune]
[Driver Mod][ [email protected]]
Apprentice

Will definately be referring to this in the future! C&L Plenum and Accufab TB it is!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
I used a C&L elbow and FRPP 70mm throttle body on a 2004 GT. While I did not gain much in peak hp and torque numbers, the overall curves were noticeably higher at the bottom end. I used to have dyno charts for comparison in my gallery. I'll see if I can dig them up and post on this thread.

Personally if there is little to no price difference between the 70 and 75mm throttle bodies, i would say go for the 75.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
Rookie

Anyone has any dyno sheets with the FRPP 70mm throttle body + Accufab upper intake plenum?
Apprentice

Thank dude helped a lot
Apprentice
4.6L Member

thanks allot !! this thread is sweet and hopfuly more of us new guys check it out instead of asking the same questions over again thank dude!!
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

does this mean for an 02 gt with just bolt ons the best is the 75 mm?
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteveesix View Post
does this mean for an 02 gt with just bolt ons the best is the 75 mm?
If you have long tubes and cam yeah. Other wise stick to the 70mm. Even with just long tubes the 75mm would be ideal for you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page