Steeda Pulley Install Questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Steeda Pulley Install Questions

I'm about to install of a set of used Steeda Pulleys I got used for only $75! All I got is the pulleys, but I've seen write-ups online about certain bolts being included in the kit??? Do I need them for the install? Should the crank bolt be replaced? Besides the tools needed and the pulleys themselves what else is needed here?

It's a Mustang GT. A Ford product. Need I say more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I would change your belt while you're at it but I dont know about the other stuff

check out the vid on autohow.tv

2k1 performance red GT 5 spd, x-pipe, bassani catback, 31 spline diff, the regular bolt on's, stripes and alot of wax... 4.10's FTW
if my stang dosent steal your pink slip she will steal your heart cuz she is DEAD SEXY!!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

A new belt isn't a bad idea, and I would replace the front crank seal since its cheap and easy with the pulley out, but no need to replace the bolt. You'll want an impact gun to do the alternator pulley, but its an easy job.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
PONY Member

i would go to autozone and rent a pulley remover for your crank pulley. i think the only other thing that was included in mine was a longer crankshaft bolt to help get the new pulley started and then you just put your original bolt back in and tighten it up with that

2003 Satin sliver cobra convertible---1 of 81
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

unloosen the water pump bolts before you take the belt off... and the alt pulley can be a pain to take off.

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
Banned
4.6L Member

A torque wrench will be handy to tighten the crank pulley to the proper torque specs.
Don't forget to put RTV sealant in the keyway on the crank pulley or you'll have oil leaks.

It's a pretty simple job.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
Banned
4.6L Member

BTW...you will need a longer bolt to get the crank pulley started.
I think another member mentioned it, but I'm confirming that information for you. Go to Lowe's or wherever and find a suitable bolt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page