Steeda lowering sport springs opinions ? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Steeda lowering sport springs opinions ?

I have a 2003 Gt Convertible. It has the 4x4 look that nobody is happy with. It is a Daily Driver, and I don't want to give up to much in ride quality, and I don't want to bottom out every where. Has anyone tried these Steeda springs ? I run the stock size tire, along with 1.25" wheel spacers in the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and pictures of your Mustang with these springs installed would be great. Here is a link. If the link doesn't work the Steeda part # is 555-8201.

STEEDA LOWERING SPRINGS SPORT CONVERTIBLE V8 1979-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR12 View Post
I have a 2003 Gt Convertible. It has the 4x4 look that nobody is happy with. It is a Daily Driver, and I don't want to give up to much in ride quality, and I don't want to bottom out every where. Has anyone tried these Steeda springs ? I run the stock size tire, along with 1.25" wheel spacers in the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and pictures of your Mustang with these springs installed would be great. Here is a link. If the link doesn't work the Steeda part # is 555-8201.

STEEDA LOWERING SPRINGS SPORT CONVERTIBLE V8 1979-2004 | CJ Pony Parts
I do not have any experience with steeda, but H&R ss springs gave me a nice look. Combine them with a good set of shocks and struts, and caster camber plates, and sub frame connectors, and your car will be completely different.

1990 mustang gt 5.0l, red, aod- its build time

2001 mustang gt lots of mods- sold
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Being that they're from Steeda I can only give benefit of the doubt that they have decent ride quality. Not many people have them though, most people want a little more than the advertised 1" that those springs do, so I don't think you'll get many opinions on them that are based on actual experience. The nice thing about them I think is that because of their modest drop you won't have the need and additional expense of items like caster/camber plates and/or bumpsteer kit in order to get the front alignment back, and you can keep your stock shocks and struts too. If all you want is a 1" drop then I say go for it.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011
Rookie

94 GT Convertible with Steeda Sport Springs

I installed them on my wife's '94 GT Convertible and we both love them. I have used them three times on previous GTs and convertibles in the past and I have had zero problems. I don't have any tire clearance issues, the car looks great, and the ride compliments the agressive nature of her convert without being harsh or uncomfortable. Handling was awesome on my '94 GT which I thrashed on road courses all over the midwest.

Go get 'em and you won't regret it!

Jay
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011
Rookie

Smile

Here is the link to the springs on Steeda's website. I think I remember that the 8200 springs are for hardtop Mustangs and the 8201 springs are for the convertibles. Same rate but different height on the rear springs to get the convertible ride heights correct.

Steeda Sport Springs for 1979 thru 2004 Ford Mustang 555-8200 555-8201 555-9004

I just read that these Steeda springs were made to QS-9000 and ISO 9001 standards. My company certified to ISO standards and the is a grueling process that takes years. That alone sells me. This is probably why I am so happy with their products...

Jay
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Most of Steeda's springs are wound by Vogtland, so I would expect them to be high quality.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member

+1 on ride quality.. threw the steeda springs on my 95 convertible and it got rid of what little slop i had.. not harsh at all and handling is great.. not much of a drop, so if sittin low is what you want, id recommend you looking into something else..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page